Micronations.wiki | Forum
What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - Printable Version

+- Micronations.wiki | Forum (https://forum.micronations.wiki)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.micronations.wiki/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Humanities (https://forum.micronations.wiki/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? (/showthread.php?tid=1184)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - His excellency - 11 Nov 2014

What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? Let me start first.

The guiding philosophy of my nation is thus:
1. Every citizen is equal
2. All citizens have certain rights
3. The productive forces of the nation must be used for the benefit of as many people as possible.
4. Resources must be preserved
5. The people must have power

RE: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - Covanese Republic - 11 Nov 2014

The guiding philosophy of Covanellis is very strongly rooted in the cultural ideology of the nation, which would take quite some time to write down on the forums, so I'll just give the basic philosophy:

- All people are equal (but not the same)
- All people must have (free) access to:
a)Food
b)Water
c)Sewerage
d)Education
e)Healthcare
f)Housing
g)Internet
- The state and the people must work together to achieve greater feats than simply the state or people alone
- The state and people must work with nature to allow for national advancement as well as nature preservation
- Kindness to all people
- Strict discipline
- Simplicity (why complicate something that could be simple?)
- Strength (as in a United nation of strong-willed and unified people)

There are far more parts to the cultural ideology, however I would need to explain it all in order for it to make sense, as many of the components tie together.

RE: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - PavlvsAemilivs - 11 Nov 2014

-God comes first than People
-People has freedom as long as they respect God (or praise him)
-All people are equal
-Economy should benefit citizens rather than corporations
-You should earn income as long as you work and do you effort, the more you work, the more income you should get
-Each person, is a unique individual with potential of learning
-Culture, knowledge and art are the most important aspect of society
-Nature should be respected, there is the right to exploit nature's resources, but only moderately
-If you harm someone or commit a crime, your right to live can be extinguished

That is a way in which I can assimilate the philosophical beliefs of Trebia

RE: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - His excellency - 30 Nov 2014

(11 Nov 2014, 10:55:53)Covanese Republic Wrote: The guiding philosophy of Covanellis is very strongly rooted in the cultural ideology of the nation, which would take quite some time to write down on the forums, so I'll just give the basic philosophy:

- All people are equal (but not the same)
- All people must have (free) access to:
a)Food
b)Water
c)Sewerage
d)Education
e)Healthcare
f)Housing
g)Internet
- The state and the people must work together to achieve greater feats than simply the state or people alone
- The state and people must work with nature to allow for national advancement as well as nature preservation
- Kindness to all people
- Strict discipline
- Simplicity (why complicate something that could be simple?)
- Strength (as in a United nation of strong-willed and unified people)

There are far more parts to the cultural ideology, however I would need to explain it all in order for it to make sense, as many of the components tie together.

It seems our nations have similar ideologies.

RE: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - Emperor Patrick I of Paravia - 30 Nov 2014

The guiding philosophy of Paravia is:

1. All citizen's of Paravia are equal
2. All citizens have certain rights
3. The people must be happy
4. Itaque lex quidem sancta (the law is holy)
5. The right of free speech

RE: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - Liam Raymond - 15 May 2015

(11 Nov 2014, 23:53:41)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote: -God comes first than People
-All people are equal
-You should earn income as long as you work and do you effort, the more you work, the more income you should get
-Nature should be respected, there is the right to exploit nature's resources, but only moderately

Hmm, very interesting philosophy, however, I do have a question. You state the "All people are equal", but what about Leviticus? Do you refer to that or do you ignore it? Just wandering is all :)

RE: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - PavlvsAemilivs - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 19:25:13)ChairmanLiam Wrote:
-All people are equal

Hmm, very interesting philosophy, however, I do have a question. You state the "All people are equal", but what about Leviticus? Do you refer to that or do you ignore it? Just wandering is all :)

One must be careful when interpreting the Old Testament. Because some precepts were terminated by Jesus, while others remain the same, and therefore are still applicable.

The book of Leviticus is a code of Laws for the ancient Jewish people. It is only on the Bible because it is in the Pentateuch.

Although in my local Church prayer group they found out a new way to interpret the book. They argue that the verses on animal sacrifice don't mean like offering what you have (material possessions) to God, and being thankful for having them.

I don't know really how to interpret Leviticus. As it being a Code for the Jewish people, I don't follow it, so the short answer is, I'm ignoring Leviticus.

(15 May 2015, 20:08:52)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote:
-All people are equal

One must be careful when interpreting the Old Testament. Because some precepts were terminated by Jesus, while others remain the same, and therefore are still applicable.

The book of Leviticus is a code of Laws for the ancient Jewish people. It is only on the Bible because it is in the Pentateuch.

Although in my local Church prayer group they found out a new way to interpret the book. They argue that the verses on animal sacrifice don't mean like offering what you have (material possessions) to God, and being thankful for having them.

I don't know really how to interpret Leviticus. As it being a Code for the Jewish people, I don't follow it, so the short answer is, I'm ignoring Leviticus.

Ah, makes sense! And it's also very honorable, as I know many Christians who take everything in the Bible as literally the word of God and are very homophobic and racist, so I admire you for ignoring it :)

RE: What is the guiding philosophy of your nation? - SoD Woods - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 20:48:14)ChairmanLiam Wrote:
-All people are equal

Ah, makes sense! And it's also very honorable, as I know many Christians who take everything in the Bible as literally the word of God and are very homophobic and racist, so I admire you for ignoring it :)

Wait a minute, Chairman, you must realize that there are some things that are in both the Old and New testaments which it would not do to be ignored by the majority of Christians. It isn't because the bad "Christians" are homophobic and racist because they believe in the entire Bible, no, they're homophobic and racist because they don't have the right interpretation of the Bible. I do hope I helped to straighten that out. I am sure everyone would agree with me that true Christians would never be homophobic or racist.

(15 May 2015, 21:39:33)SoD Woods Wrote:
(15 May 2015, 20:48:14)ChairmanLiam Wrote:
-All people are equal

Wait a minute, Chairman, you must realize that there are some things that are in both the Old and New testaments which it would not do to be ignored by the majority of Christians. It isn't because the bad "Christians" are homophobic and racist because they believe in the entire Bible, no, they're homophobic and racist because they don't have the right interpretation of the Bible. I do hope I helped to straighten that out. I am sure everyone would agree with me that true Christians would never be homophobic or racist.

Yes I do understand this, but I go to a Catholic school with a HUGE amount of homophobic bullying (an atheist in a Catholic school XD) even though they advertise that there is no bullying... I know that most christians who say they hate gay people because "the Bible says so" are bad, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that it's in their in the first place.