Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A GoT based micronation
What is the opinion about the creation of a micronation wich is based in the Game of Thrones theory, ie government, administration, military, titles, etc.?
HH Despotes Aggelos
I recall one of the iterations of Bysalia giving this a go last year.
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]
Spelled which wrong bud, it’s not “which”
President of Pontillius, Emperor of Woslydor, Autocrat of Bohemia, and Reigonal General of Microcali.

Founded on December 31st 2016

Troll
Lol. It’s not wich
President of Pontillius, Emperor of Woslydor, Autocrat of Bohemia, and Reigonal General of Microcali.

Founded on December 31st 2016

Troll
OMG, someone on the internet made a typo! Oh wait... YOU made a typo while correcting that person about their typo! Brutal...

As to the original question in this post, I think that it is a concept that has merit. Westeros is based on Norman and late medieval feudalism, which is a system of government that I can certainly appreciate and get behind. As far as the titles, it is probably a good concept to base your titles off of, but bringing your own micronational personality into it would probably be a good idea. I actually use the Westerosi title for knighthood, spelled "Ser" instead of "Sir" in Siar Fordell to differentiate from existing chivalric orders, so I certainly don't have a problem with the idea.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Since you ask for opinions, I'll give mine. I do not think this would be a good idea. The Game of Thrones books and television series are not something we should seek to emulate in micronationalism, unless there is an idea from the books or TV episodes that, in and of itself, is useful and desirable.
So, you don't think it's a good idea, unless maybe? :P
The Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Madrona

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(21 Mar 2018, 07:23:56)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: OMG, someone on the internet made a typo!

And not even just someone on the internet, but someone whose first language isn't English! How horrific!
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]
(23 Mar 2018, 07:53:45)Austenasia Wrote:
(21 Mar 2018, 07:23:56)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: OMG, someone on the internet made a typo!

And not even just someone on the internet, but someone whose first language isn't English! How horrific!

Oh my gosh, why is he even on here if he makes a typo! That kind of behavior is not allowed, ban him for a typo!
/s since the internet can't take jokes
Daniel Lee
Wow this really is outdated
Ban? On it. Typos are one of my least favorite aspects of the internet.

;):P
The Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Madrona

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o