Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get citizens
Hello Everyone,
I am starting a new micronation, Laconia, and I was wondering how to get more citizens than just 5.
King Joseph I
You can try enlisting your friends and family. However, you don't need lots of citizens to be successful. Just focus on developing other aspects of the nation and people will come with time. Be mindful of how you present the nation to others - going down the megalomaniac route rarely works out well. Just a few thoughts of mine on the matter.
EIVS IMPERIALIS MAIESTIS ADAMVS PRIMVS · IMPERATOR ADAMMIAE I · DOMINVS CRAFTANIAE II · DVX DEIRAE · MAGNVS PENMINAE ET SPILDCASTLAE · MMXIII - MMXVIII

I would tell you to develop a political ideology and find those to agree with you. Sadly, my ideology, a monarchic clericalism, isn't that attractive to much people.
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
(20 Jun 2014, 00:57:42)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote: I would tell you to develop a political ideology and find those to agree with you. Sadly, my ideology, a monarchic clericalism, isn't that attractive to much people.

I find that most people seem to be put off if there's a heavy focus on politics. A better options would be to foster a strong culture and "national spirit" that people will want to be part of. Many people also like to serve in militaries.
EIVS IMPERIALIS MAIESTIS ADAMVS PRIMVS · IMPERATOR ADAMMIAE I · DOMINVS CRAFTANIAE II · DVX DEIRAE · MAGNVS PENMINAE ET SPILDCASTLAE · MMXIII - MMXVIII

I'm having positive results from better economic ideas than my government, showing how people can make more money, avoid being in poverty, and live in dignified housing while still being able to afford a healthy diet each month.

But that's just one method.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
Because New Cantabria will be an agrarian-industrial society, the kind of people we need are agricultors and ranchers.
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX