Poll: You think the world is overpopulated
Yes. Too much of us... Just too much
Yes but not much
Meh/Not sure
No. But we are near of it
We aren't overpopulated at all (I hate you for choosing this)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overpopulation
Ladies and Gentlemen. I come to share the fruit of my personal thoughts. The world is indeed, in my opinion, really overpopulated. You all know that our numbers are near 7 billion people. For me the ideal number is 2 Billion. Since technology prospered (I am not blaming technology, keep reading with attention) WE have been reproducing like rats. Rats, disgusting, right?

Look at that graph

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...00.svg.png

According to it, population has been growing faster since the 1800s (which you should all know), but population will grow even more according to UN estimates! What sort of world will this be?

However, according to the lowest estimates, we may begin to lower our numbers. I would love that to happen. Land is getting overpriced in this world. In Panama, that is happening. Every day land and prices are rising up. It may be happening in the rest of the world, and I blame overpopulation. I also blame it for all the environmental issues we are having (global warming, polluted rivers etc...).

Sadly there is no way to solve that problem for little people like us. We can only control how many children we may have. And pray... at least I do...
According to current estimates the world's population should peak at around 9-10 billion and then plateau, and then decline. So, just wait.
His Elite Excellence Kuri Kabanov, Knyaz of Gishabrun, Duke of New Victoria, Duke of Knoll, Baron of Front Grove, Baron Kabanov, King of Arms of the Holy Roman Empire and of the Kingdom of Natal, GKW, OSN, KOW

New spoiler content as of: May 13 2014
You're really ignorant, aren't you? Population in Europe boomed when the Industrial Revolution came around. Now it's declining, because we've reached a new level of development.

Now Africa and Asia are going through their own economic revolutions, and they're having a population boom. This is only natural. In 100 years, their populations levels will also decrease. This is normal within a historic-evolutionary context.
Its not ignorance. Look at the world. Polluted. Starving. Fighting for land. While there is no more of it in the world. Population boosts may be natural, but they are going too much high. Just wait and see gas, food prices go higher. Use your brains before calling other peoples ignorant. Otherwise, you are the ignorant
Just an advice of someone who cant share his ideas because he has to deal with dumbs like you.
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
(23 Jul 2014, 02:02:52)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote: Its not ignorance. Look at the world. Polluted. Starving. Fighting for land. While there is no more of it in the world. Population boosts may be natural, but they are going too much high. Just wait and see gas, food prices go higher. Use your brains before calling other peoples ignorant. Otherwise, you are the ignorant
Just an advice of someone who cant share his ideas because he has to deal with dumbs like you.

Ignorance is bliss, so they say.

You will find a map showing global population density here, which will show you that we still have plenty of land to go around. You can also view a map here showing the world as it was (6.9 billion instead of 7.25 billion people) living in one area of the world, and how wide that area would actually be.

Regarding the whole "dwindling resources" bit, have a quick look over here for artificial scarcity, or here for the short and sweet version.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
The problem with the world is not overpopulation (the world could, theoretically, support several billion more people than it already has), but the exploitation of our environment ecosystems for wealth and resources without proper consideration of the impacts, and the resulting damage to the world's ecosystems. Essentially, if we behave in a more ecologically sustainable manner to that which we behave in today, the world should be able to support many more people.
Formerly President and Supreme Judge of the Westlandians

You know what? I agree with you. Maybe its not our numbers, but how we conduct towards the environment. At least you are respectful. Not like *cough* others.
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
(23 Jul 2014, 21:50:38)Westlandian Wrote: The problem with the world is not overpopulation (the world could, theoretically, support several billion more people than it already has), but the exploitation of our environment ecosystems for wealth and resources without proper consideration of the impacts, and the resulting damage to the world's ecosystems. Essentially, if we behave in a more ecologically sustainable manner to that which we behave in today, the world should be able to support many more people.

This, definitely.
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]
http://imgur.com/CK6aONG

This shows my point I believe, we're not overpopulated, we're just concentrated on a very small area. The fact that only two of the countries in that image make up 2/7 of the world population is just scary.

Well China has 1/7 of the World population and it's fairly large. India does has a problem, because they are almost as populated as China, with China having only 3 million more than India. But India is not as large as China. There is a problem there.
DEUS, PATRIA, REX