Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Question
I have a quick question that is MFA related, but may or may not render placing it here, if it needs to be moved, feel free to do so.

Vyktory is only a young nation, but we are keen on playing football, as it is our national sport, however, we are unsure if we are allowed to start our own football team/association and remain outside the MFA until we are ready. It would most likely be restricted to 2-3 players for the time being, but we are expanding.

So my question is, are we allowed to start an FA outside the MFA for a while and join at a later date?

I also have two more questions.

Is there a lower age limit to play?
And are men and women on seperate teams, or are they allowed to play together?

Thanking you in advance.
President James-Robert Knight of The Commonwealth of Vyktory
Libertas est victoria.

His Royal Majesty James-Robert Knight, 1st King of Vyktory, Former King of Edenia, Chairman of the Vyktoryan Broadcasting Corporation, Chairman of the Vyktoryan Football Association, Editor of the Vyktory Free Press, Operator of VBC Prime, Former Delegate of the Grand Unified Micronational, Lord of the Vyktoryan Order, Chairman of Kingstown Dragons Football Club, Chairman of Vyktory Dragons Rocket Football Club, Webmaster of the Micronational Rocket League.
I can answer this on behalf of Barnaby, head of the MFA, to help you get your answer faster. Yes, football associations are not obligated to join the MFA so you can wait to join. While I don't think there is technically a minimum age it is better to have a team roughly the same as the team you'll be playing to make it more fair. And finally in official matches men and women play separately. However, in unofficial friendlies, as in those which wont count towards your world ranking, its ok to have a unisex team.

If Barnaby thinks i'm wrong or wants to clarify further i'd encourage him to.
-- 
Danny Clarke
President of International Surrey Football
W: www.intsurreyfootball.co.uk
F: IntSurreyfootball
T: IntSurFootball

(28 Aug 2014, 13:51:20)Dale.gov Wrote: I can answer this on behalf of Barnaby, head of the MFA, to help you get your answer faster. Yes, football associations are not obligated to join the MFA so you can wait to join. While I don't think there is technically a minimum age it is better to have a team roughly the same as the team you'll be playing to make it more fair. And finally in official matches men and women play separately. However, in unofficial friendlies, as in those which wont count towards your world ranking, its ok to have a unisex team.

If Barnaby thinks i'm wrong or wants to clarify further i'd encourage him to.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I actually wasn't expecting this to be answered so quickly.

I mainly asked about unisex because with such a small potential population pool to choose from and many being female, I was unsure. As for asking about age, we have a couple of potential new citizens in the 15-18 age group, while we also have a guy who's 43, although he'd most likely end up coach/manager.

Thanks again, I'll start working on the FA now.
Libertas est victoria.

His Royal Majesty James-Robert Knight, 1st King of Vyktory, Former King of Edenia, Chairman of the Vyktoryan Broadcasting Corporation, Chairman of the Vyktoryan Football Association, Editor of the Vyktory Free Press, Operator of VBC Prime, Former Delegate of the Grand Unified Micronational, Lord of the Vyktoryan Order, Chairman of Kingstown Dragons Football Club, Chairman of Vyktory Dragons Rocket Football Club, Webmaster of the Micronational Rocket League.