Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macedon Republic of Bromenia
A new thread to replace the outdated "People's Republic of Bromenia". Welcome to the Macedon Republic of Bromenia.

Bromenia is a landlocked sovereign state with limited recognition located on the Balkan peninsula. It is an egalitarianist state that has no internal currency. It was founded on the 27 September 2013, although an annual official independence day celebration takes place on the 4th January as this was the date the current constitution was adopted.

Bromeni citizens work within one of 4 sectors: Civil, Services, Manufacturing or Retail. Each person will rotate jobs within a sector. Working within the Civil sector you may find yourself working within a hospital as a nurse one day and as a doctor the next. All staff achieve qualifications for all of the jobs on their rota. Anything produced is then given to the state, which sells the product externally, the money from which then pays for the living cost of citizens. Those who live in Bromenia can vote for acts to be passed via an online portal, known as the Víspo, and therefore the government acts only as a middleman between the people and the world market. No politician in Bromenia belongs to a party, they are all independent representative candidates, and all of them maintain jobs within another sector, so within reason, any Bromeni citizen can become a part time politician.

We claim a small section of land that previously belonged to Bulgaria, although the Bulgarian government has officially "erased" the area. The capital city is Dragostin. Bromenia's official main language is Meni, which is a version of Romanised Bulgarian. Citizenship is only given to those known personally to the government or those who live in the area claimed. Bromenia does not conduct diplomatic relationships with any micronation, with a few exceptions. The current de facto president is myself, Mattias Kocjek, I say de facto because my official title is "Representative of Bromenia to the rest of the World". I am accompanied by our State-General, Dario Mazeva, in charge of territory, our Chancellor, Kuzman Patev, in charge of the budget, and our Chief Judiciary, Kalina Semil.

Contact & Links
Bromenia's Government Email Address
Bromenia's Official Government Website
Bromenia's [Updated] Wiki Page
De Facto Recognition from the Government of Bulgaria

(25 Nov 2014, 10:29:52)Soika Wrote: Those who live in Bromenia can vote for acts to be passed via an online portal, known as the Víspo, and therefore the government acts only as a middleman between the people and the world market.

I recently had an idea similar to this for use in Covanellis. I don't know how you would properly prevent people who are not citizens of your nation from registering and voting, however I am working towards a solution that links with Covanese Workers/Retiree Cards.
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*Peace, Unity, Prosperity*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
.......... * * * * * * * * * *-----------------------* * * * * * * * * * * *..........
(25 Nov 2014, 11:53:59)Covanese Republic Wrote: I recently developed an idea like this for use in Covanellis. I don't know how you would properly prevent people who are not citizens of your nation from registering and voting, however I am working towards a solution that links with Covanese Workers/Retiree Cards.

A very good question, our solution to this is we don't let people register, quite simply. All accounts are made by the web devs and are only accessible through using the citizens passport number as a username and then a default password that is given to them which can be changed when they log in. We also don't give out the web address for the portal to anyone who isn't a citizen, although if we were to become internationally recognized i'm sure people would be on the hunt for it.

Should we ever become a larger nation, we've been toying with the idea of making a mobile app for the portal as well, but we only currently have 42 citizens.

In Covanellis, citizens would be registered when they got their official Covanese Workers Card (CWC), which would be used in identification, pay, benefit claims, etc. This would mean that only citizens could vote, as only they would be registered for a CWC (only designated government workers have the ability to register CWC numbers and thus a voting account).

I would also like to create a mobile app and website (this would only be done upon official secession). It would greatly decrease the cost of referendums and other votes, not to mention that it would mean that laws represent the views of the people, not the politicians.
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*Peace, Unity, Prosperity*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
.......... * * * * * * * * * *-----------------------* * * * * * * * * * * *..........
(25 Nov 2014, 12:10:30)Covanese Republic Wrote: not to mention that it would mean that laws represent the views of the people, not the politicians.

You hit the nail on the head there my friend!

Bromenia's first national newspaper has been launched by workers in the services sector! You can view it here:

https://dragostinmorningpost.wordpress.com/

Well, you certainly have a larger population than Quailia. Only 17 people, a few of whom aren't even citizens!

I highly encourage the both of you to continue with your online programs, just make sure they're quite secure.

(25 Nov 2014, 17:35:07)SoD Woods Wrote: Well, you certainly have a larger population than Quailia. Only 17 people, a few of whom aren't even citizens!

I highly encourage the both of you to continue with your online programs, just make sure they're quite secure.

Thank you for your kind words. Security is an issue, but we happen to have a rather strong programmer within our cabinet, in fact he's our chancellor. I intend to speak to him about ensuring everything is kept tucked away.

Good for you!

Can you translate "De Facto Recognition from Bulgaria" article to English?
Thanks!