Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Dover Kingdom is looking for new citizens
Hey! That's mean!
PavlvsAemilivs, there are going to be people in the world that will have different ideas on how things should be done, and micronationalism especially is no exception. I have no intention of having religion being such a primary aspect of Madrona, but I refrain from making what might be taken as offensive comments towards certain members that have expressed an intense interest in religion here on the board. They have their direction, I have mine, and I respect that.

Akiho, I apologize, and on behalf of those of us that are mature enough to say this properly, I welcome you to the forum and wish you the best in your endeavor. I am curious though, if you welcome anyone from the LGBT troop, why do you not welcome males? Perhaps you might say no heterosexual males instead? Still controversial but at least it wouldn't conflict with a statement only one sentence previous. Have you considered a geographic location yet?

I also believe you might be looking at a Queendom, not a Kingdom.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(24 Dec 2014, 03:33:34)Tjorvi Wrote: PavlvsAemilivs, there are going to be people in the world that will have different ideas on how things should be done, and micronationalism especially is no exception. I have no intention of having religion being such a primary aspect of Madrona, but I refrain from making what might be taken as offensive comments towards certain members that have expressed an intense interest in religion here on the board. They have their direction, I have mine, and I respect that.

"Anyways it's your opinion, and as long as there ain't hatred or something, we're good."

Is there any hate in my post? Is there any intolerance? No, I just asked more on her opinion. I may be radical, but my parents taught me well to respect other ideas. So, I invite you to read my post and check well. No hatred.
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
(24 Dec 2014, 04:52:01)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote: "Anyways it's your opinion, and as long as there ain't hatred or something, we're good."

Is there any hate in my post? Is there any intolerance? No, I just asked more on her opinion. I may be radical, but my parents taught me well to respect other ideas. So, I invite you to read my post and check well. No hatred.

PavlvsAemilivs, I don't mind if people quote me, quite frankly I find it helps in discussions so people can relate the responses to whatever is being said. However, I never used the word "hate" in my entire post, I used the term "offensive comments," relating to -among others- the picture you included in your post in response to Akiho with what appears to be a field full of covered coffins with a drawn military figure in the foreground, and people paying their respects in the background. No hatred was mentioned. You also did not ask for more on her opinion, you made a quick comment about the desired year, and then posted the image in question.

If you ever have to ask yourself "can someone be offended by this," it might be best not to post it.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
No, no! I was joking when I said that PavlvsAemilivs' comment was mean (shipping my citizens to an island in coffins...cruel but energy efficient!)... I'm good humored, and I realize that my idea (which isn't my idea, but my friends!) is radical. But isn't that what micronationing is all about? Exploring new ideas about governance, culture and commerce that one can't replicate in the "real" world? That's why I think a "Queendom" is a good idea for a micronation. It establishes a new type of idea that you couldn't find elsewhere in the world and gives people new to micronationing a glimpse as to what they can do! Sorry for all the confusion!!!
I actually just used the picture for the soldier's expression, like a meme

EDIT: Forget it, decided to replace the picture. Problem solved, apologies for the uneasy misunderstandings and confussions. What the kind of message a wrong picture can tell...
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
Well, actually, there are quite a few people here who do intend quite seriously on making their micronation into a macronation. No one has succeeded, though... yet!

There is tons of freedom in my nation! The title "Queen Akiho I" is just a label, really. When the micronation is completely up and running I don't see myself as the head of government at all...I don't even think there will even be a head of government since I'm trying to make San Dover a direct democracy. And as for allowing males into the country? Well, again that was my friend's idea. She saw a good idea in feminist nationalism (she thinks that females are not free from the patriarchal system until they form their own country... a little crazy I guess!) turned into a micronation. Plus, in a pure democracy the people could lift the ban on males in the country. Besides, until then other micronations can send female ambassadors. Not a big problem, really!

Also, If a male DID find his way into the borders, I don't think we'd really do anything to him. We'd probably kick him out of the country, but we wouldn't punish him or anything like that. That would just be mean! And speaking of mean, King Shamus I and Paulus Aemilius I, if you two can't get along (and this goes for EVERYONE) please don't argue on my forum page! Take it outside if you two want to argue, or make your own forum entitled "Shamus and Paulus Arguements" or something... This is a peaceful forum for people to ask questions about ME and MY MICRONATION. (And again, I was being sarcastic when I replied to Paulus' comment!)
I actually like the idea of a feminist micronation existing. It makes me recall when I used to play Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen. In this RPG there was a small kingdom hidden in a valley called Femyscra. In it lived mostly women (just 2 or 3 males, to help reproduce :D ) so, I find it rather funny.
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
(28 Dec 2014, 02:49:47)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote: I actually like the idea of a feminist micronation existing. It makes me recall when I used to play Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen. In this RPG there was a small kingdom hidden in a valley called Femyscra. In it lived mostly women (just 2 or 3 males, to help reproduce :D ) so, I find it rather funny.

I'm sure there was a "Carry on..." film based on that premise :D
His Lordship Richard I, by the Grace of God, Lord Spiritual of Mercia, Lord of Clyro, Heir to the Würtige Throne, Lord High Admiral of the Tsardom of Nolland, General of the Nollandish Army, Companion of Honour of the Tsardom of Nolland, Commander of the Order of Colour of McCarthia, Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Sealand, Member of the Most Honourable Order of the Throne of Sandus, Knight of the Order of Adammia, OGC, CF.