Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Dover Kingdom is looking for new citizens
Direct democracy only works with less than twenty people. If your micronation actually grows to more than that, I suggest you have more of a republic. Fifty, though, is when direct democracy really gets rough, unless you have a nation of people who perfectly agree. This would be wonderful, but horribly unlikely. I'm just trying to lend a helping hand, much as I dislike this idea. But I will not suggest anything that may bring your micronation to an end.

One question: why don't you abdicate and let your friend become queen? She seems to have a lot of the ideas.

(31 Dec 2014, 16:53:20)SoD Woods Wrote: Direct democracy only works with less than twenty people. If your micronation actually grows to more than that, I suggest you have more of a republic. Fifty, though, is when direct democracy really gets rough, unless you have a nation of people who perfectly agree. This would be wonderful, but horribly unlikely. I'm just trying to lend a helping hand, much as I dislike this idea. But I will not suggest anything that may bring your micronation to an end.

One question: why don't you abdicate and let your friend become queen? She seems to have a lot of the ideas.

Well I currently I have only ten people in my micronation, so a direct democracy is actually perfect. I was once a citizen and later the president (for it's last 9 days of life) of the Starland Republic and New Pamlico, and San Dover actually pretty much inherits the law code used their. Once the population hits 100 San Dover will be split into four zones (Blue=Residential; Red=Industrial; Green=Entertainment; Yellow=Agricultural), each zone electing 5 councilwomen to serve in a Grand Council located in it's own zone (Purple=Governmental) another 5 will be elected by all four zones, to keep the pork-barrel politics at a minimum (these 5 will have the same power as the other 20). Each of the four zones will also be split into four sectors and have a similar Council system (Blue, Red, Green and Yellow Councils).

The job of the Grand Council and the 4 Zonal Councils is to create bills. The bills must than be approved by the Queen. If the Queen vetoes a bill a vote of 20 out of 25 in a Council will overturn her veto. The bill is then given to ALL citizens to vote on (all citizens aged 16 and over are eligible to vote). A majority vote means the bill will become a law.

And as for my friend becoming the Queen...well, I have more experience in the micronationing business than she does, as I explained above. She merely gave me an idea to get me back out there when the Starland Republic and New Pamlico failed. I hope that answers your question!
I think it's a very good idea. I whish you the best and hope to learn more about your kingdom.
It is an interesting idea. I'll be looking forward to what becomes of it. :)

(1 Jan 2015, 18:48:33)SoD Woods Wrote: It is an interesting idea. I'll be looking forward to what becomes of it. :)

I can't find your micronation (Fingland or Quailia) on the mw.micronation.org site...am I looking it up wrong?
(4 Jan 2015, 00:34:36)Akiho Wrote:
(1 Jan 2015, 18:48:33)SoD Woods Wrote: It is an interesting idea. I'll be looking forward to what becomes of it. :)

I can't find your micronation (Fingland or Quailia) on the mw.micronation.org site...am I looking it up wrong?

Doubt it, if memory serves me right they're isolationist
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
Yes, we are. It's not there, so I suggest just going to our site at quailia.org It's quite well made, if I do say so myself.

And Fingland is just a province of the mighty Empire of Quailia.