Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kingdom of Ruthenia
[Image: 110px-Coat_of_arms_ruthenia.png]

Ruthenia, officially the Kingdom of Ruthenia, is a Micronation in South America. Ruthenia is a Hereditary Monarchy founded in 2014, and the kingdom's territory is formed by farms and urban properties acquired by the current king and his father. The capital was established at the largest of them all, called Alto da Solidão. Ruthenia is a predominantly an agrarian country, with large productive land, intended for planting grain and raising cattle for slaughter.

Leadership
Head of State: HRM., Oscar of the Ruthenians, GMSS GMSPE GMSPA COL
Presidente of General Assembly: HH., Peter II, Duke Palatine of Santa Cruz, KSS KSPE KSPA GORC RSS

Geography
Capital: Alto da Solidão (de jure) • Royal District (de facto)
Administrative Regions: Land of St. Stephen • Land of St. Peter and St. Paul • Autonomous Region of Alto da Solidão • Royal District of the Winter Residence • Duchy Palatine of Santa Cruz • Grand Duchy of Escandia • Grand Duchy of Grevenia and Caledonia • Grand Duchy of Columba Pictorum

Foreign affairs
Diplomatic Relations:
Kingdom of Acrin, since 21 November 2014.
People's Republic of Hashima, since 21 November 2014.
Kingdom of Wiltogo, since 22 November 2014.
Convanese Republic, since 23 November 2014.
Kingdom of Pereica, since 24 November 2014.
Republic of St.John, since 24 November 2014.
Republic of Shima, since 24 November 2014.
Kingdom of Harenfall, since 24 November 2014.
Princedom of Aysellant, since 26 November 2014.
Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic, since 26 November 2014.
Empire of Mars, since 26 November 2014.
Republic of Moesia (Client State of Empire of Mars) since 26 November 2014.
Principality of Pripyat' (Successor of the German Reich of Mednyat), since 30 November 2014.
Kingdom of Trebia, since 01 December 2014.
Empire of Paravia, since 01 December 2014.
Independent State of Kaleido, since 07 December 2014.
Parliamentary Republic of Caledonia (united to the Kingdom of Ruthenia as Grand Duchy of Grevenia and Caledonia), since 11 December 2014.
Federal State of Indokistan, since 11 December 2014.
Holy Roman Empire of the Lands of Pavlov, since 11 December 2014.
Republic of USI, since 12 December 2014.
Kingdom of Brazos, since 15 December 2014.
Grand Duchy of Westdakota, since 16 December 2014.
Duchy of Prussian Britannia, since 19 December 2014.
Kingdom of Santa Cruz (united to the Kingdom of Ruthenia as Duchy Palatine of Santa Cruz), since 21 December 2014.
Principality of Imvrassia, since 22 December 2014.
Rajahnate of Namayan, since 01 January 2015.

Contact and websites
Email: reinodosrutenos@gmail.com
Forum: http://rutenia.boards.net/
MicroWiki page: http://mw.micronation.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Ruthenia
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ruteniamicronacional
I have a few questions. Are you a ruthenian or a descendant of ruthenians?
Why do you took this name, as it's already the name of a living people with their own culture?
I'm an ethnic Hungarian from Ruthenian ancestry. I chose this name to honor a heroic people who for historical injustice does not have their own State and with whom I share the culture, although not blessed to know the language. To create this micronation, chose something that spoke to me and my beliefs. What could be better than talking about my own people? I live far from my ancestral land, but I respect my primary culture. This is the reason that is Ruthenia.

In more, feel free to ask more questions.
That's a good reason. I've always had a particular interest in the Slavs, and I myself, though Irish/German, am a Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic. Do you plan on moving Ruthenia back to Central Europe some time in the future, or will you stay where you are?

Ok it wasn't really clear for me when i read the wikipage.
By ruthene you mean rusyns or another slavic group?
(15 Jan 2015, 18:08:16)SoD Woods Wrote: That's a good reason. I've always had a particular interest in the Slavs, and I myself, though Irish/German, am a Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic. Do you plan on moving Ruthenia back to Central Europe some time in the future, or will you stay where you are?

Maybe it's a little fatalistic, but I think we lost the chance to have their own state with the fall of the Soviet Union. I mean, in time subsequent to the fall of the Soviet Union. If there was no fight for the formation of a state within Ukraine where I think it would be more suitable and the way Europe has advanced since then, I think it is best to establish our people in a unique location on a diaspora, or allow live in a state already constituted as Ukraine, Hungary, anyway.

(15 Jan 2015, 20:08:55)mattiew Wrote: Ok it wasn't really clear for me when i read the wikipage.
By ruthene you mean rusyns or another slavic group?

Well, as Ruthenian ethnic-Hungarian, I must say that I consider myself anything but Ukrainian. But when I refer to "Ruthenian" as an ethnic group, I speak of Rusyns, which was / is the people who speak the Ruthenian language and carries traces of their culture without having turned into Ukrainians. But your question, incidentally, is to know about which ethnic group I consider myself king?
It's maybe not to late. Ukraine state can totally collapse. Is ruthenian in ukraine are organize, it's maybe possible no?
Is there any movement of this type?
(15 Jan 2015, 20:20:45)mattiew Wrote: It's maybe not to late. Ukraine state can totally collapse. Is ruthenian in ukraine are organize, it's maybe possible no?
Is there any movement of this type?

As I live in America, I always suspect a little of what is served here on the situation in Ukraine, a country that I honestly think it should exist, but not with current borders. As for the Ruthenian people, I do not believe in the little I know, they plan to take more radical measures as was done in Donetsk, for example. And unfortunately I do not have the honor to represent all Ruthenians. I just created a micronation inspired by the culture I love, despite I feel myself able to receive any Ruthenian in my micronation as if were my own brother. If my people had their own country or conquered, I would have no problem in changing the name of my micronation.
I'am sorry you took it like this, but for the moment you don't make me change my mind.
I still beleive it's strange to take the name of an existing folk people, to make a micronation on another continent. It can be confusing to see this name for a micronation who have close to no link with it.
(15 Jan 2015, 20:40:56)mattiew Wrote: I'am sorry you took it like this, but for the moment you don't make me change my mind.
I still beleive it's strange to take the name of an existing folk people, to make a micronation on another continent. It can be confusing to see this name for a micronation who have close to no link with it.

In this case, that my luck to have me limited to answer you, rather than trying to convince you. I do not care much about your opinion in particular, as long as there is respect.