Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kingdom of Ruthenia
(24 Feb 2015, 14:16:42)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote: Are you both secessionist micronations? In that case I might consider an alliance with Petroburg

(16 Jan 2015, 11:32:21)Kingdom of Ruthenia Wrote:
(16 Jan 2015, 08:23:15)mattiew Wrote: I'am nobody to told you what to do, i just gave my opinion and i try to be helpful to improve your micronation.

For exemple: If i create a micronation who have for name: "the maya empire". It's a good idea to dedicate a micronation to those folk who didn't have a country.
But if the location of the micronation is in europe, the language and the symbols aren't mayas symbols, and i made a totally new culture for my micronation. It will be a bit weird to use this name.
You understand my position?

I think you should be more clear about your position about ruthenian people. and ruthenian culture.
I hope some other members will give their opinion.

I got you point, Mattiew. And I don't think you're totally wrong in your thinking. But let's face the facts: my micronation has nearly two months. If I proclaim myself king of an entire ethnic group and say and try to promote a country in the most volatile area of Europe, I will be taken seriously? I believe not.

My project is young and it takes time to guide me towards being a state of "Ruthenian in exile" or, to be more realistic and create a state inspired by the customs of a people with whom the king not only identify, but which belongs. Other than that you said I have no connection with these people, watch out as the blood in my veins: living in America makes me less Ruthenian than if I lived in Hungary, for example? We are who we are, anywhere in the world. And here where I am, yes I am Ruthenian much as Hungarian. In the most, even though the issue was just the name, I could use. After all, I do not see many people bothering Kevin Baugh with Molossia that for a human being boring, is a "clear" copy the name of a Hellenic tribe (and we know that is not a copy). If others want to see me as a nonconformist Ruthenian not have a state, an imbecile without creativity ... all depends on how you want to see my micronational project. If the name is the only thing that bothers them, I change the name. But it will not make any difference in my relationship with one of the most beautiful and treated unfairly people of the world.

Originally, I had thought of "New Ruthenia" for my micronation, but I realized that there was no "Old Ruthenia". And do not deny and do not hide the Slavic side of my micronation and even diplomatic guidelines applicable, will, for example, excellent relations with nations that seem to me more culturally Slavic, such as Pavlov. Nothing prevents me from changing the name if this is intermicronacionalmente rejected, but I can not help thinking that there is no means by which he MUST be rejected. That's my point. I'm not a walking hazard or some idiot devoid of knowledge. Like many others around the world, I am only part of a stateless people, who know and appreciate the micronationalism, wished to make your project micronational something personal and to send it familiarity, and of course, represent a little of what I want to the world. Idealistic perhaps, but certainly not malicious.

There is a region in Italy called Trebia

Petroburg are modelist-secessionist. Ruthenia is just secessionist, but like the modelism.

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom of Ruthenia - by Kingdom of Ruthenia - 15 Jan 2015, 13:44:20
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by mattiew - 15 Jan 2015, 14:54:06
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by Kingdom of Ruthenia - 15 Jan 2015, 16:08:50
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by SoD Woods - 15 Jan 2015, 18:08:16
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by Kingdom of Ruthenia - 15 Jan 2015, 20:14:40
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by mattiew - 15 Jan 2015, 20:08:55
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by mattiew - 15 Jan 2015, 20:20:45
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by Kingdom of Ruthenia - 15 Jan 2015, 20:27:53
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by mattiew - 15 Jan 2015, 20:40:56
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by Kingdom of Ruthenia - 15 Jan 2015, 23:04:10
RE: Kingdom of Ruthenia - by mattiew - 16 Jan 2015, 08:23:15