Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberland
True. But unclaimed land is hard to find these days.

He's also a politician already in the Czech Republic, so his story was more likely to be picked up.

That's understandable, then. I've got it! I'll become president of the US, then make a micronation! :p

This is kinda cool, I'm interested to see how this goes.
no steppy
This may have many positive effects and many negative effects on this community, especially on the secessionist sector, the proportions of which will be established with time.

Let us consider the hypothetical effects using a continually bifurcating path:
If Liberland were to succeed, either of two possibilities arise:
  • The micronation is received positively among macronations;
  • the micronation is received poorly.
In the first instance,
(a) micronationalism would gain popularity, resulting in an influx of new nations;
(b) micronations might have more success in seceding, depending on how well Liberland is received; people might not want to make their own micronation, but join pre-existing ones.
However, some enthusiastic (secessionist) micronationalists of pre-existing nations might abandon their attempts and try to join Liberland.
Effect (a) might result in numerous half-hearted attempts at (secessionist) micronation, which might even bring about the collapse of the community;
Also, macronational governments would probably take micronationalism less and less seriously, seeing Liberland as the only exception.

In the second instance, if Liberland is received poorly, macronations might be more on their guard and be even more closed to micronationalism.

If Liberland failed,
(a) secessionist micronationalists might lose faith in the possibility of secession
(--> Fewer new micronationalists [secessionists and simulationists, seeing as new people often don't know there is a difference], possible collapse of the community, etc.);
(b) macronations might, as in the first scenario, take micronationalism less seriously.
Effect (b) might also make macronations "let their guard down" regarding secessionist micronationalism. But the problems I noted there might be earlier would certainly also apply.

All effects could, of course, be negligible. But I think the implications this new enterprise may imply are worth considering; and the above is by no means comprehensive.
Gabriel N. Pelger
Last Head of Executive of the defunct Usian Republic
Goodbye, everyone!
(18 Apr 2015, 22:39:14)Gabriel N. Pelger Wrote: This may have many positive effects and many negative effects on this community, especially on the secessionist sector, the proportions of which will be established with time.

In the first instance,
(a) micronationalism would gain popularity, resulting in an influx of new nations;
(b) micronations might have more success in seceding, depending on how well Liberland is received; people might not want to make their own micronation, but join pre-existing ones.
However, some enthusiastic (secessionist) micronationalists of pre-existing nations might abandon their attempts and try to join Liberland.
Effect (a) might result in numerous half-hearted attempts at (secessionist) micronation, which might even bring about the collapse of the community;
Also, macronational governments would probably take micronationalism less and less seriously, seeing Liberland as the only exception.

In the second instance, if Liberland is received poorly, macronations might be more on their guard and be even more closed to micronationalism.

If Liberland failed,
(a) secessionist micronationalists might lose faith in the possibility of secession
(--> Fewer new micronationalists [secessionists and simulationists, seeing as new people often don't know there is a difference], possible collapse of the community, etc.);
(b) macronations might, as in the first scenario, take micronationalism less seriously.
Effect (b) might also make macronations "let their guard down" regarding secessionist micronationalism. But the problems I noted there might be earlier would certainly also apply.

All effects could, of course, be negligible. But I think the implications this new enterprise may imply are worth considering; and the above is by no means comprehensive.
It's kind of odd that you're basing a micronation's success on whether or not it achieved independence. After all, it's not that hard to buy recognition from tiny Oceanic island countries, but have you ever heard of a micronation transforming into an actual country? Right, you haven't, because this never happened and never will. But neither is it the goal for creating a micronation, suggest that you read this.
(18 Apr 2015, 23:46:31)Snail Wrote:
(18 Apr 2015, 22:39:14)Gabriel N. Pelger Wrote: This may have many positive effects and many negative effects on this community, especially on the secessionist sector, the proportions of which will be established with time.

In the first instance,

If Liberland failed,

It's kind of odd that you're basing a micronation's success on whether or not it achieved independence. After all, it's not that hard to buy recognition from tiny Oceanic island countries, but have you ever heard of a micronation transforming into an actual country? Right, you haven't, because this never happened and never will. But neither is it the goal for creating a micronation, suggest that you read this.

Proper recognition is the goal for Secessionist Micronations.
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*Peace, Unity, Prosperity*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
.......... * * * * * * * * * *-----------------------* * * * * * * * * * * *..........
Thinking this over, I don't think anything will happen, at all. Liberland will pass and micronationalism will continue on as it always has. There is a possibility of an influx of fresh blood, however that could just as easily not happen. Who knows.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
For me, it's so unpredictable. I'll just stay and watch how Liberland goes. Same as other micronations.

(18 Apr 2015, 23:46:31)Snail Wrote: After all, it's not that hard to buy recognition from tiny Oceanic island countries, but have you ever heard of a micronation transforming into an actual country? Right, you haven't, because this never happened and never will.

Singapore
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
I'll be honest, I'm not seeing how Singapore was a micronation.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz