Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberland
(19 Apr 2015, 16:12:31)frix Wrote: I'll be honest, I'm not seeing how Singapore was a micronation.

Singapore wasn't ever a micronation, but in essence, it employed the same procedure for most secessionist micronations to separate from Malaysia. In fact, Singapore is my inspiration for Trebia.
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
(19 Apr 2015, 16:47:09)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote: Singapore wasn't ever a micronation, but in essence, it employed the same procedure for most secessionist micronations to separate from Malaysia. In fact, Singapore is my inspiration for Trebia.

Unless I'm missing something vital, Singapore was decolonized by the British in 1959, and then expelled from the Federation of Malaysia in 1965 (of which it integrated in 1963); a Japanese occupation during World War II, and poor leadership from the Federation of Malaysia by two leaders.

So basically their parent state lost interest in keeping them, and poor leadership by a nation they merged with led to them leaving just two years later. Is this how you'd like to gain independence? You might be waiting longer than you thought..
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
They got successful so quickly because they actually decided to get off there backsides and do something. That is exactly what we need in society today, and why they are successful so quickly.
[Image: 598px-Esseseal.png]
Henry Clémens
Count of Siñbaša, Marquis of New Keutschen, former Lord of the Commonwealth
OAO SEO SAV GKIS KOP KSR CUR OIF KOC MOT KOS CSB CRL COG
Former Lord of the Essian Commonwealth, former Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational, Founder and former President of the Federated States of America