Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Newspapers: Would you consider a page-based one?
(9 Nov 2013, 20:22:45)Puggy Wrote:
(9 Nov 2013, 10:45:08)Barnaby Wrote: How do you still get it? Is there a way to sign up to receive a copy?

You could sign up for Flandrensisian citizenship.

Ah well, I guess I can live without it then
The Egtavian Star was, perhaps, my favourite micronational newspaper ever. It was always fun to read. The format also gave these newspapers a kind of legitimacy, as if you were reading a macronational newspaper rather than a blog. With the way the community works now, I think Anderson should be able to make a newspaper like that. He's got the fonts, the tools and the obsession with desiging stuff for it.
I think it's important that we all though are able to contribute article to it, through one or two editors who make sure all the articles are up to scratch, or appoint different people to different roles (ie one person reports on international events, one on sports etc)...
The Gazet van Giddis already exist 4 years (currently monthly editions in Dutch and English), but there was a period that the newspaper was only on Wordpress. On request of our citizens in 2010 we moved back to a newspaper in PDF, much easier to print and to read for the older generation in Flandrensis :) We distribute our newspaper by e-mail to all citizens and other micronations who are recognized by us. But we upload all editions of our newspaper on our website and everytime we post a link on the mainpage of MicroWiki and on Facebook.
The Zealandian Guardian is toying with the idea of a monthly print edition, with the Zealandian Gazette (Government Journal) as an insert, with distribution happening solely within Zealandia and possibly Sirocco.
Her Majesty Queen Astrid of Zealandia
Minister for Foreign Affairs, State Security and Society

Listener of Estonian, Swedish, Luxembourgish and Czech Radio
(9 Nov 2013, 22:09:41)Quentin Wrote: The Egtavian Star was, perhaps, my favourite micronational newspaper ever. It was always fun to read. The format also gave these newspapers a kind of legitimacy, as if you were reading a macronational newspaper rather than a blog. With the way the community works now, I think Anderson should be able to make a newspaper like that. He's got the fonts, the tools and the obsession with desiging stuff for it.

I'm disappointed you don't think I'm already working on it.
[Image: bnrWinfam.gif]Ando 386 Can we have Comic Sans?
ÜNN publishes the Überstadt National News Bulletin in print when significant events happen. We use the web version mostly as an international version of sorts, distributing the physical copy to our citizens.
His Majesty Adam I, King of Überstadt &c.
Administrator, wiki and forum
First we had weekly editions, than monthly, than only when we had significant news (on Wordpress), than again monthly and now monthly but recently we published 2-monthly (September - October). Problem is that you need something to write about (we almost always write about internal affairs), our citizens likes a 2-4 pages long newspaper with quality news. And most micronational newspapers are written by one person, mostly the head of state. I also write articles but I corporate with 2 others.
Indokistan Times existed in wordpress and newspaper. But we more concentrate on wordpress, and no longer publish newspaper.

News on website is as easy as newspaper on its access, and on our small number of citizens, it will be useless to publish a newspaper :/
[Image: 60px-Bendera_Indokistan_3.png]
Governor of the Federal City of Suwarnakarta, Member of the National Forum of Indokistan
Publishing page-based micronational newspaper isn't too hard, you can just type everything you want using software like OpenOffice or LibreOffice, then you can go and print it, then sell it to citizens of your nation.