We should no longer "remember" on November 11th
6.56%
4 6.56%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why soldiers are not heroes
Well lot of people seem to have a very negative view about violence. All living beings maintain entropy to a lowest level to maintain stability and to make sure it don't die by its own entropy. Military =/= War. Its most important work isn't related to war at all, it is related to controlling the disorder or entropy in society
There is a thief named Joe.
1. If he steals, police would try to kick his ass.
2. If he try to run, police would run behind him to catch him.
3. Best thing to do is hide.
4. If he continue this game, then he would have to counter police.
5. He can attack police with gun. But if there are more police, he'll need more man.
6. He would need more man and would make gang.
7. More power he would have, higher power law enforcer would counter him.
8. Army is highest power law enforcer a state have which is ultimate entropy manager, who is ultimate power behind mechanism of state and save it from disorder.

Instability would only come when Joe is able to get enough power to challenge powerful law enforcers including army. Violence is goddess, it is purest and more superior form of energy which maintains entropy. It is the we have done so much progress.
See spoiler if you want pic evidence that Aryavart defeated the 3rd strongest macronation on earth:
(3 Dec 2013, 14:50:13)VedicGov Wrote: There is a thief named Joe.

I've been exposed!
His Imperial Majesty King Theodoric of Tiana and Her Associated Territories
better known as Joseph Puglisi
Ok I only read a few of the comments and just by the nature of this topic I have to comment. Now this is not to change your opinions as all are entitled to them. This is mine and I do not speak for the U.S. government or the military.

Money says those who DO NOT think every service member in every country is a hero have NEVER picked up a weapon and stood for what their country believes in. Those same people have NO SPINE or sense of what it truly means to sacrifice all that they are so that their loved ones can sleep soundly at night. I have been to Afghanistan, wither or not we should be there makes no difference to me or to most service members who are there. Many non-Americans feel it is wrong to be there, including the ones I served beside in Kandahar. Yet every one of them, just like us, swear their allegiance to their country and go where they must not because they want to, but because they have to for you wussies that would stand by and take no action against someone who would kill you before talking to you about you're differences at the negotiating table.
His Imperial and Royal Majesty William, North American Emperor, King of Illinois and Occidia; Diarch of the Crown Protectorate, and so forth, Archduke of Hemyland, Grand Duke of Imvrassia, Margrave of Kandahar, Prince from Prussia and of New Europe, Count of Hartmann, Lord of Chicago and of the Brook, Sovereign of the White Lion, Master of the Order of the Crown, Knight of the Dragon, Knight of Rose, Commander of the Austenasian Order
(4 Dec 2013, 23:58:01)wp773 Wrote: for you wussies

Ok.
[Image: tumblr_inline_np5kqjWSLx1ss4nfu_540.png]
Tarik of Karjasari, by the Will of his People, King of Sabia and Verona
King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra
(4 Dec 2013, 23:58:01)wp773 Wrote: Money says those who DO NOT think every service member in every country is a hero have NEVER picked up a weapon and stood for what their country believes in.

Monopolistic Capitalism, corporate greed, trickledown economics and Monarchism? This is my main quarm with joining the military - I don't agree with these things. I'd be happy to fight for something I believed in, but as I don't believe with the above principles, I can't help but dislike the current British armed forces.
(4 Dec 2013, 23:58:01)wp773 Wrote: ...stood for what their country believes in. Those same people have NO SPINE or sense of what it truly means to sacrifice all that they are so that their loved ones can sleep soundly at night. I have been to Afghanistan...

Thing is I don't support what the UK government believe's in, fact of the matter most of the people that live in Scotland don't agree with the current undemocratically elected Tory government (at the time of the Afghan war) Labour government's view that we should be there. Moving on, I don't see how me droning innocent civilians in Pakistan and Afghan would help my family sleep at night. Nor do I see how the UK et al are protecting my freedoms by taking part in an ILLEGAL war.
Bradley Booth
President of the Delsh-Westlandian Federal Republic
Leader of the Caladonian Green Party
(9 Dec 2013, 16:11:32)Caladonia.gov Wrote:
(4 Dec 2013, 23:58:01)wp773 Wrote: ...stood for what their country believes in. Those same people have NO SPINE or sense of what it truly means to sacrifice all that they are so that their loved ones can sleep soundly at night. I have been to Afghanistan...

Thing is I don't support what the UK government believe's in, fact of the matter most of the people that live in Scotland don't agree with the current undemocratically elected Tory government (at the time of the Afghan war) Labour government's view that we should be there. Moving on, I don't see how me droning innocent civilians in Pakistan and Afghan would help my family sleep at night. Nor do I see how the UK et al are protecting my freedoms by taking part in an ILLEGAL war.

You're confusing a soldier's status with an opinion about why they fight. Do I agree with the US government, HELL NO, I know people who would have made excellent officers in the military but turned down commission because they did not want to serve under the Obama administration. This whole thread, if I'm remembering correctly, is about a soldiers status as a hero or not. Yes there is a poll that asks your opinion about the war in Afghanistan.

And you don't have to agree with it but I'll be damned before I stand by and let people bash any soldier of any country who is simply doing their job, regardless of what that individuals reasons were for serving. And to prevent any further disrespect between those who are not here to speak for themselves and myself I'll request the admins close this thread.
His Imperial and Royal Majesty William, North American Emperor, King of Illinois and Occidia; Diarch of the Crown Protectorate, and so forth, Archduke of Hemyland, Grand Duke of Imvrassia, Margrave of Kandahar, Prince from Prussia and of New Europe, Count of Hartmann, Lord of Chicago and of the Brook, Sovereign of the White Lion, Master of the Order of the Crown, Knight of the Dragon, Knight of Rose, Commander of the Austenasian Order
"I disagree with these wussies, Peter! Close the thread!"
His Majesty Adam I, King of Überstadt &c.
Administrator, wiki and forum
(10 Dec 2013, 01:16:50)wp773 Wrote: I'll be damned before I stand by and let people bash any soldier of any country who is simply doing their job

So you're completely fine with North Korean soldiers conducting Nuclear weapons tests or Sudanese soldiers committing mass genocide simply because that's what they were told to do?
(10 Dec 2013, 10:55:55)Barnaby Wrote:
(10 Dec 2013, 01:16:50)wp773 Wrote: I'll be damned before I stand by and let people bash any soldier of any country who is simply doing their job

So you're completely fine with North Korean soldiers conducting Nuclear weapons tests or Sudanese soldiers committing mass genocide simply because that's what they were told to do?

North Korea's government is a rogue state in my personal view that should be removed from power at the earliest opportunity, but those who serve in its military are conscripts and have little say in the matter. But I will give them the respect they deserve, more so because not all of them serve by choice but they do it anyway. Almost any soldier who is ordered to do something that is illegal or immoral they are allowed to refuse said order. If acts of genocide occur then those responsible should be tried as was done in Nuremberg.