Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republic of Esse
Those colours have historic significance, I'm pretty sure Esse's flag doesn't.
(6 Jun 2015, 21:22:12)Jack Wrote: Those colours have historic significance, I'm pretty sure Esse's flag doesn't.

Is that a problem? Most micronations' flags don't have historic significance, because they don't have much of a history.

(6 Jun 2015, 18:47:35)Jack Wrote: Why bother actually designing a flag when you can just copy one from an already existing nation and switch two colours?

Seriously, put some effort into this hobby...

How dare you? To take one example, Molossia. Their flag is that of Sierra Leone, so they don't have to spend inordinate amounts of money on custom flags, and they are one of the world's most famous and successful micronations. They also have several building, books of law, culture, an air and space program, a military history, a weapons development project, national monuments and parks, a well cared for website, contacts with the White House, etc. I didn't realise that that wasn't putting effort in.
(6 Jun 2015, 21:22:12)Jack Wrote: Those colours have historic significance, I'm pretty sure Esse's flag doesn't.

And where is your flag, Jack? What micronation do you run, if you even run one?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

Jack, if you don't have a micronation, don't be a snot. How many 1,500-year-old micronations do YOU know of? Lemme guess - none.

The flags of some macronations don't even have historic or cultural significance, like:
-Belize
-China
-Transnistria
So don't go flinging that poo at people.
Sincerely,
His Excellency,
Ned Greiner
Genghis Khan of Nedland
Duke of Alkmaar (Mahuset)
President of Lundenland (Mahuset)
President of Zelenarus (Paravia)

Richard Cunninghytholoday Wrote:Now, when I say 'oh my god nobody cares,' please don't take offence; but oh my god, nobody cares.
Lucas Campos Wrote:Oh god, so high, 420% high
I realise we are little later, but welcome from the Imperial Grand Duchy of Lundenwic. Don't worry about your flag. Every nations flag is a variation of another.
His Grace, Lord Mike Lewis, the Marquis of New Charter, Prime Minister of Lundenwic, General of the Imperial Armed Forces, Baron of Bedfunta, Minister of the Foreign Office, Duke of Pausanias, Count of Imvrassia, Officer of the Most Imperial Order of the Grand Duchy, Officer of the Most Honourable Order of Lundenwic, Kinght of the Royal Order of St. Stephen and Knight of the Most Noble Order of St. Peter
http://lundenwic.wordpress.com
I have watched the map, that's a huge chunk. I guess those habitants outside the ghost town, but still on the marked territory may have a problem with it. Let alone the SBB, traintracks and Tunnel (federal territory), they don't allow anything. Which unfort. brings up the question how serious you are.

Separation Attempts in Switzerland have never been successful yet. In fact, the federal authorities react allergic on any such attempt from a village, town or canton.

But there may be chances based on the idea to regionally cancel the Schengen treaty (that makes switzerland a subtile EU member) and for that purpose declare independency.
Because at least half of the population is sick of it.

Of course, swiss troops would march in soon.

However, I'd like to know more.

His Royal Majesty, King Dieter I.

Veritas Vincit
(6 Jun 2015, 22:46:02)President Kit McCarthy Wrote: Is that a problem? Most micronations' flags don't have historic significance, because they don't have much of a history.

How dare you? To take one example, Molossia. Their flag is that of Sierra Leone, so they don't have to spend inordinate amounts of money on custom flags, and they are one of the world's most famous and successful micronations. They also have several building, books of law, culture, an air and space program, a military history, a weapons development project, national monuments and parks, a well cared for website, contacts with the White House, etc. I didn't realise that that wasn't putting effort in.

Very nice, but Esse doesn't have any of those things, it's just one of hundreds of failed projects that you can find on this forum.

Here's a prediction: within a year, we never hear of Esse again.
(13 Jun 2015, 12:39:30)Jack Wrote:
(6 Jun 2015, 22:46:02)President Kit McCarthy Wrote: Is that a problem? Most micronations' flags don't have historic significance, because they don't have much of a history.

Very nice, but Esse doesn't have any of those things, it's just one of hundreds of failed projects that you can find on this forum.

Here's a prediction: within a year, we never hear of Esse again.

Seriously, are they handing out awards for cynicism around here? Moderators!
Jack, what nation are you from? Genuine question, because I don't think you can sling accusations and 'predictions' around without a grounding in community affairs, and if you do, it makes you look more the fool.
His Lordship Richard I, by the Grace of God, Lord Spiritual of Mercia, Lord of Clyro, Heir to the Würtige Throne, Lord High Admiral of the Tsardom of Nolland, General of the Nollandish Army, Companion of Honour of the Tsardom of Nolland, Commander of the Order of Colour of McCarthia, Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Sealand, Member of the Most Honourable Order of the Throne of Sandus, Knight of the Order of Adammia, OGC, CF.
He's answered in another thread.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz