Poll: What is your religion?
Satanist
Atheist
Agnostic
Deist
Non-religious
Spiritual Christian (Non-denominational)
Christian (Catholic)
Christian (Anglican/Episcopalian)
Christian (Protestant)
Christian (Fundamentalist Catholic)
Christian (Fundamentalist Anglican/Protestant)
Christian (Mormon)
Christian (Orthodox)
Christian (Coptic)
Jewish
Muslim
Scientologist
Hindu
Buddhist
Confucian
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion
Here is a simple pole - what is your religion? This is basically a census, but if you'd like to discuss religion, this thread would probably a good place to do so.

UPDATE: Non-religious means non-religious in general.
Sincerely,
His Excellency,
Ned Greiner
Genghis Khan of Nedland
Duke of Alkmaar (Mahuset)
President of Lundenland (Mahuset)
President of Zelenarus (Paravia)

Richard Cunninghytholoday Wrote:Now, when I say 'oh my god nobody cares,' please don't take offence; but oh my god, nobody cares.
Lucas Campos Wrote:Oh god, so high, 420% high
You don't need to update with results, we can see them.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
(16 Jul 2015, 15:17:55)frix Wrote: You don't need to update with results, we can see them.
It's because I accidentally had multiple choice, but it's not worth updating it.
Sincerely,
His Excellency,
Ned Greiner
Genghis Khan of Nedland

Richard Cunninghytholoday Wrote:Now, when I say 'oh my god nobody cares,' please don't take offence; but oh my god, nobody cares.
I had thought on making a thread like this. I decided not to do it fearing I could cause controversy. Looks like that wouldn't have happened.
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
This hasn't gone on for long, Paulus.

Just wondering, Ned, what did you mean by "Fundamentalist" Catholic?

(17 Jul 2015, 16:09:45)SoD Woods Wrote: This hasn't gone on for long, Paulus.

Just wondering, Ned, what did you mean by "Fundamentalist" Catholic?
As in, considering yourself to be "fundamentalist" (No one really is).
Sincerely,
His Excellency,
Ned Greiner
Genghis Khan of Nedland

Thank you.

No Satanists yet... dang it lol

It is debatable whether Confucianism is a religion as opposed to a philosophy. Most Chinese people do not consider Confucius to be a deity, merely an important historical figure like Plato or Socrates. Many sources (mostly Western) refer to Confucianism as a religion, to the ire of many Chinese. Just a disclaimer, I'm not hating on you, just being nit picky :P
Supporter of memes that don't exist.
How is non-religious separate from agnosticism and atheism in this case? I selected agnostic, but I am therefore non-religious.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
Are we voting based on our personal religion or the religion of our nations?

Quote:No Satanists yet... dang it lol

It is debatable whether Confucianism is a religion as opposed to a philosophy. Most Chinese people do not consider Confucius to be a deity, merely an important historical figure like Plato or Socrates. Many sources (mostly Western) refer to Confucianism as a religion, to the ire of many Chinese. Just a disclaimer, I'm not hating on you, just being nit picky Tongue

Traditionally in China, and probably many other East Asian countries, religion isn't as well defined as they are in the west. Most modern western religions have their own deity/deities to be believed in exclusively, have a set of canon religious texts, etc. In China, there are various philosophies, often accompanied by a set of myths and spiritual beliefs, all mixed in with traditional beliefs.

As for Confucianism, it leans towards the more purely philosophical. Despite this, there are many Confucian shrines, though this could be seen simply as a manifestation of respect for a great elder. Confucianism does though encourage the follower to respect unspecified god/gods/heaven; it does not however define or describe it, believing that not having fully understood the physical world, they could not hope to understand the divine. Probably, this god could be assumed to be the ones of the traditional Chinese religion, or whichever god the Confucian follower worshiped.
Sincerely,
Spago.

Proud subject of the Aggrawal.