Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technocracy of Asten
Welcome back, fellow micronationalists. Today, I will be sharing some info regarding the micronation, Asten, that I talked about in my introduction post:

Name: Technocracy of Asten
Motto: "Scientia supra omnes" ("Knowledge above all")
National Anthem: "All Hail the Technocracy" (It's just "Across the Mountains" by Vangelis with some lyrics sprinkled in, which I haven't written yet)
Short Name: Asten
Cities: Asten City (that's the only city)
Capital City: Asten City
Founded: July 22nd, 2015
Head of Government: Supreme Technocrat SyscalineGaming
Form of Government: Technocracy
Religion: Agonstic atheism
Official Language: English

Other then that, there's not much info about it. After all, it was only formed yesterday (as of 7/23/15). Stay tuned for more stuff coming soon.
~SyscalineGaming, Supreme Technocrat of Asten
Interesting. What size is it?
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(23 Jul 2015, 07:52:33)Tjorvi Wrote: Interesting. What size is it?

Well as for now, I don't have any territory (I could claim my house, but I'm taking this seriously, and I don't want to get involved with legal claims), so I plan to make it an "online micronation (they're real, look them up)." I'm still setting up the site where we discuss stuff as the government, citizens, etc. so for now, it has no size.
(23 Jul 2015, 14:32:49)SyscalineGaming Wrote:
(23 Jul 2015, 07:52:33)Tjorvi Wrote: Interesting. What size is it?

Well as for now, I don't have any territory (I could claim my house, but I'm taking this seriously, and I don't want to get involved with legal claims), so I plan to make it an "online micronation (they're real, look them up)." I'm still setting up the site where we discuss stuff as the government, citizens, etc. so for now, it has no size.
We're well aware here that online micronations exist. There are a lot of them, and as a lot of people have been here for a while, I would not assume that they know as you about things like this. We teach you, you do not teach us quite yet :P.

May I ask if you have any political views, or are you just technocratic in your beliefs?
Sincerely,
His Excellency,
Ned Greiner
Genghis Khan of Nedland
Duke of Alkmaar (Mahuset)
President of Lundenland (Mahuset)
President of Zelenarus (Paravia)

Richard Cunninghytholoday Wrote:Now, when I say 'oh my god nobody cares,' please don't take offence; but oh my god, nobody cares.
Lucas Campos Wrote:Oh god, so high, 420% high
I don't have many political beliefs, but if anything, I'm left-wing. I also felt that a technocratic government would be good because a) they're rare and b) I am basically just technocratic in terms of beliefs.
How do you function as a Technocracy? I admit that this is the first I have really heard of the term in relation to a government, but cursory research implies that it is similar to a meritocracy, though where the only measurement for ruling is technological knowledge. Is this correct? Or are you operating on a more complicated system?
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
(23 Jul 2015, 23:40:43)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: How do you function as a Technocracy? I admit that this is the first I have really heard of the term in relation to a government, but cursory research implies that it is similar to a meritocracy, though where the only measurement for ruling is technological knowledge. Is this correct? Or are you operating on a more complicated system?
Well basically, yes, it is just a meritocracy with the requirements for becoming ruler is technological knowledge
(24 Jul 2015, 00:27:44)SyscalineGaming Wrote:
(23 Jul 2015, 23:40:43)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: How do you function as a Technocracy? I admit that this is the first I have really heard of the term in relation to a government, but cursory research implies that it is similar to a meritocracy, though where the only measurement for ruling is technological knowledge. Is this correct? Or are you operating on a more complicated system?
Well basically, yes, it is just a meritocracy with the requirements for becoming ruler is technological knowledge

How exactly do you measure technical knowledge? And who determines what is relevant technical knowledge and controls how it is measured?

I'm curious how you manage it as we tried to create a technocratic system before we became an elective monarchy here in the Aggrawal, and we ran into that problem.
Sincerely,
Spago.

Proud subject of the Aggrawal.
(24 Jul 2015, 05:25:21)Faustus Sertorius Spago Wrote:

How exactly do you measure technical knowledge? And who determines what is relevant technical knowledge and controls how it is measured?

I'm curious how you manage it as we tried to create a technocratic system before we became an elective monarchy here in the Aggrawal, and we ran into that problem.

We haven't had time to use this system yet, considering Asten was only founded 2 days ago (as of 7/24/15), but basically, here's how it works: The people who want to run for Supreme Technocrat take a written exam of 100 questions asking them things about how some processors are possibly better than others, etc. and whoever gets the most questions correct becomes the new Supreme Techoncrat.
(24 Jul 2015, 05:25:21)Faustus Sertorius Spago Wrote:

This was part of my line of thinking as well, and why I asked the question.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell