Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion debate from Kit's thoughts
I think another reason why people are so very annoyed is because you're acting like you're not only responsible for all Christians, but also their leader. You're putting yourself on a level with the Pope, almost! Please, Markus, consider what you do. You have no right. You made this Church of New Israel and it has no effect whatsoever on Christendom as a whole.

(27 Oct 2015, 22:01:09)SoD Woods Wrote: I think another reason why people are so very annoyed is because you're acting like you're not only responsible for all Christians, but also their leader. You're putting yourself on a level with the Pope, almost! Please, Markus, consider what you do. You have no right. You made this Church of New Israel and it has no effect whatsoever on Christendom as a whole.

I have done no such thing, nor will I.
Markus, nobody here that is asking you to stop preaching cares about some Church your micronation has created, nor will they listen to any verdict(s) it makes. At best you could ban people from your micronation, and honestly I don't think you would find many that actually care, it would be an empty threat.

This whole "people don't want to read Christian scripture here, so there must be MOAR Christianity!!11!2" just means you aren't listening. People shut the door on you and all you are doing is banging harder when any sensible person would have just accepted it and moved on.

Move on. I'm not saying leave the community, but I will say that if you keep this up then I will consider whether I want to stay in this community any longer. I did not come here for religion, and quite frankly it pisses me off when people like you try and force this sort of stuff on the rest of us. I have politely asked you to stop several times, so be a good little Christian and respect other peoples' wishes.

And don't bother replying with some sort of biblical quote or how I apparently hate god or some other such nonsense, I'm done with it.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(27 Oct 2015, 22:45:27)Tjorvi Wrote: This whole "people don't want to read Christian scripture here, so there must be MOAR Christianity!!11!2" just means you aren't listening.

I did not say that, not even implicitly. I do however believe that the church of New Israel shares with the rest of Christians the authority to rebuke heretics, schismatics and others who would lead people away from the true faith. On the whole, it is the duty of every church to gently correct their errors and pronounce ecclesiastical sentences (such as censure or excommunication) when there is a general consensus among the bishops and the laity and a Biblical reason to do so.

Unfortunately, the majority of "churches" in the community are heretical institutions which deny the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith. The church of New Israel is only one of a handful of churches which remain steadfast to the word of God.
(27 Oct 2015, 23:51:47)Emperor Markus II Wrote: I did not say that, not even implicitly.

(27 Oct 2015, 21:56:25)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Truly, the fact that we have such hostility only shows that Christendom needs to be more involved in the community's affairs in curtailing these "Christian" schismatics..

Yeah, you kind of did.

Quote:I do however believe that the church of New Israel shares with the rest of Christians the authority to rebuke heretics, schismatics and others who would lead people away from the true faith. On the whole, it is the duty of every church to gently correct their errors and pronounce ecclesiastical sentences (such as censure or excommunication) when there is a general consensus among the bishops and the laity and a Biblical reason to do so.

Unfortunately, the majority of "churches" in the community are heretical institutions which deny the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith. The church of New Israel is only one of a handful of churches which remain steadfast to the word of God.

Are you sanctioned by the Pope to carry out the actions of which you speak? Have you been given any authority by Head Office, the Vatican? If you have not been given direct authority or permission to do so then you are in essence acting upon your own will to carry out the actions of which you have determined necessary. Some might call that being a vigilante, wherein you take the law into your own hands, in this case, religious law. Others might call that extremism.

Accept that not everyone will share in your views, and get over it.

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(28 Oct 2015, 00:20:22)Tjorvi Wrote: Are you sanctioned by the Pope to carry out the actions of which you speak? Have you been given any authority by Head Office, the Vatican? If you have not been given direct authority or permission to do so then you are in essence acting upon your own will to carry out the actions of which you have determined necessary. Some might call that being a vigilante, wherein you take the law into your own hands, in this case, religious law. Others might call that extremism.

New Israel is Protestant and does not recognize the Pope as Head of the Church.

He has no authority whatsoever over us.
(27 Oct 2015, 23:51:47)Emperor Markus II Wrote: (...) I do however believe that the church of New Israel shares with the rest of Christians the authority to rebuke heretics, schismatics and others who would lead people away from the true faith. (...)

This is in direct violation of our constitution, which guarantees freedom of thought. No such activities are allowed and if you were to entertain them, you would be banished.
Prince of Paraduin
(28 Oct 2015, 00:23:00)EarlPenda Wrote: New Israel is Protestant and does not recognize the Pope as Head of the Church.

He has no authority whatsoever over us.

The Pope, the one person on the planet that is the recognized leader of the Christian faith, is not recognized by roughly 1/3 of Christians (800 million of the ~2.518 billion Christians worldwide).

Yet I only have verification from the two people on this board that this benefits.

(27 Oct 2015, 21:56:25)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Truly, the fact that we have such hostility only shows that Christendom needs to be more involved in the community's affairs in curtailing these "Christian" schismatics who are posting racist comments in Skype rooms, and persecuting one another.

If names and specific examples of foul language can be provided to us, the Holy Office of the Apostolic Church of New Israel can begin a formal ecclesiastical investigation into any Christians responsible.

Again you are taking this from one person's experience on Skype. No one is going to give names either.
(27 Oct 2015, 21:56:25)Emperor Markus II Wrote: ...curtailing these "Christian" schismatics...
...the Apostolic Church of New Israel...

>founds own denomination
>calls others schismatics
:P

(28 Oct 2015, 00:34:15)Tjorvi Wrote: The Pope, the one person on the planet that is the recognized leader of the Christian faith, is not recognized by roughly 1/3 of Christians (800 million of the ~2.518 billion Christians worldwide).

The Pope is not the "recognized leader of the Christian faith". Only Roman Catholics recognise him as such, and they make up just less than half of all Christians worldwide. It's more than half, not just a third, of Christians who reject papal supremacy.
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]