Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermicronational historical societys
Hi all, are there any official society's of micro-national history? if not I thought starting one up would be a good idea.
Grand Field Marshall of Alexantium, speaker of the Grand House and Minor Council. "For Justice by Grace"
I think that most micronations have their own historical societies (For example the Oakbury Archives), and the MicroWiki works as a decent archive of its own.
I'm currently working on a history of Førvania, to be released on March 10, 2016, the first anniversary of the nation's founding.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

Not only do we have a historical society, we also have an archive of foreign press stories about our nation and its people, etc.
His Grace, Lord Mike Lewis, the Marquis of New Charter, Prime Minister of Lundenwic, General of the Imperial Armed Forces, Baron of Bedfunta, Minister of the Foreign Office, Duke of Pausanias, Count of Imvrassia, Officer of the Most Imperial Order of the Grand Duchy, Officer of the Most Honourable Order of Lundenwic, Kinght of the Royal Order of St. Stephen and Knight of the Most Noble Order of St. Peter
http://lundenwic.wordpress.com
The history of the Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell is intermixed with the history of the United States. In that light, and in view of the relative young age of the Thegn-Hold (less than a year at the moment) I do not feel an official historical society is warranted.

However, being a hereditary monarchy, a considerable amount of emphasis is placed on ancestry and family history, and the Thegn is a member of several hereditary societies as well as research institutes, such as the Sons of the American Revolution, Sons of Confederate Veterans, the Clan Henderson society, and the Townsend Society. We also have an extensive collection of ancestral heirlooms and artwork... such as my Great-Grandfather's Lieutenants bars and regimental device from WWI, my GGGGrandfather's family bible from before the civil war, and a Bronze sculpture from Antoine Bayre. History has a large place in our society in Siar Fordell, and once we develop more history of our own, we will, no doubt, form our own group.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Nothing of significance has happened in the Trebian state. (We haven't seceded yet). So there is no need for a historical society for now.
PAULUS AEMILIUS I, DUX TREBIAE
Paolo Emilio I, Caudillo of Trebia
DEUS, PATRIA, REX
May I propose the "International Library & Museum of Micronations" maybe that could be a thing that can be compiled? Or an "Institute of Micronational Studies"
Whestcorea has something similar to what the OP is suggesting, but only for legislation. Starting from the passage of the Federal Crimes Act, the Congress and the Senate record all the bills (passed or defeated) on whestcoreanarchive.wordpress.com for posterity, so to speak, as well as to make citing prior legislation easier.
I kind of am the historical society in Hodiny. I keep track of everything significant that happens in Hodiny ever since our founding in 2013.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
Official Nolandish history:
Noland founded
Made treaty with my brother's nation
Made another treaty with my brother's nation
Changed name from Foompland to Noland
The end

But we've done quite a bunch of informal stuff so we're actually a pretty active nation.

Also my brother's name is Ty so his nation is Tyland.
My family seems to take our micronational names from other countries and change them oh so slightly to make them our own
John V
Prime Minister of the Republic of Noland

"If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rule of fools."
--Plato