Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have a favorite decade?
Do you guys on here sometimes have a historical fascination with a certain decade? I know some people say they like 1950s nostalgia. But I don't know if I have any particular favorite decade, most decades of the 20th century were nostalgic in their own right.
80s all the way (for the music) even though I was not alive for that decade
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
The 530s
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]
It's going to be so sad in the 2040s, because by then the 2010s will be retro. I'll just be there, crying, "I was THERE!"

So far, I prefer the 2000s to the 2010s, mostly because this decade has bought stuff like Vine and terrible memes.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

1950s, as modern eras have brought about all this pop music foolishness and "memes" and all that childish nonsensical nonsense.
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Member of the Holy League

Baller Friday Party Host
I am a fan of the 80's... first of all, that's when I was born. It produced some pretty awesome music, one of the greatest movies of all time (Red Dawn... among others) Reagan was president, and the Cold War was in full swing... ahhh, those were the days.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
The 60s. That is, the 1860s. :P
Supporter of memes that don't exist.
The 50s, by which I mean the literal fifties, the time period of 50 AD to 59 AD. Man, Vine sure was a different beast back in the day. I remember. I was there.
(9 Feb 2016, 16:14:03)Brendan OBrien I Wrote: ...modern eras have brought about all this pop music foolishness and "memes" and all that childish nonsensical nonsense...

Couldn't have said it better even though I'm in 6th grade. I'm surrounded by this stuff and I hate it. The only social media stuff I have is texting/calling and possibly Facebook in a bit. I think the 80s were the last great decade. There were many things very interesting in history (culturally) from 1920 to 1995, and many interesting things (historically) from 1995 and before that. I am one of the only people in my grade that appreciates history and actually good music, none of that rap cr*p that people listen to nowadays.

I hope none of you consider cr*p to be a cuss word because I myself never use it I just needed to get across a point because there's a reason that and rap rhyme.

Also, you can call me a nerd. I've learned to cope with it. I swear I'm the only one in my school that likes Def Leppard and Van Halen.

I can think of one person in particular that might have a problem with that word, so I edited your message

Love,

Forum administration
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
If the 1990s never happened, I wouldn't exist. So I'm quite glad it did.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz