Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have a favorite decade?
(7 Mar 2016, 22:51:59)frix Wrote: I was making a hyperbolic and sarcastic remark about the attitudes of this thread and y'all just took it seriously and agreed wtf

One person's sarcasm could be the next person's seriousness. I actually DON'T like most of today's music. Most of the stuff I listen to is older music or foreign music because most American moder music just plain sucks.

PS, I take a lot of things seriously.
- His Excellency, The Führer of the Greater Dashist Reich
Blame the X-Factor.

Also, weird fact: in the 1960s, music producers were throwing together a bunch of boys in their late teens/early twenties, giving them incredibly terrible songs, and telling them to sing them. Those songs became hits, and they were idolised by teenage girls.

Sound familiar? ;)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

(8 Mar 2016, 06:48:27)NickOfFørvania Wrote: Blame the X-Factor.

Also, weird fact: in the 1960s, music producers were throwing together a bunch of boys in their late teens/early twenties, giving them incredibly terrible songs, and telling them to sing them. Those songs became hits, and they were idolised by teenage girls.

Sound familiar? ;)

Blame the girls. Music producers find what teen girls are into and create bands on that. Works every time.
Starr, founder of Athela and Queen of Hiatuses.
(8 Mar 2016, 10:03:15)Representess of Athela Wrote:

Sound familiar? ;)

Blame the girls. Music producers find what teen girls are into and create bands on that. Works every time.

Truly, ye are well-aware of the slow grinding end of art, ye referred to me as the new Shakespeare, then ye will be my disciple.
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Member of the Holy League

Baller Friday Party Host
(8 Mar 2016, 13:42:33)Brendan OBrien I Wrote:

Sound familiar? ;)

Truly, ye are well-aware of the slow grinding end of art, ye referred to me as the new Shakespeare, then ye will be my disciple.

It would be an honour.
Starr, founder of Athela and Queen of Hiatuses.
(9 Mar 2016, 07:28:30)Representess of Athela Wrote:
(8 Mar 2016, 13:42:33)Brendan OBrien I Wrote:

Sound familiar? ;)

It would be an honour.

Glorious!
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Member of the Holy League

Baller Friday Party Host
2030s! Never look back!
Tobias Andersson,
Primin Prezidenta
----------------------
(10 Feb 2016, 16:57:00)Sarky Wrote: The 60s. That is, the 1860s. :P

Are you a Unionist or a Confederate?
(7 Mar 2016, 22:34:00)PavlvsAemilivs Wrote:
(7 Mar 2016, 22:17:04)President Alejandro Valentino Wrote:
(7 Mar 2016, 21:10:40)frix Wrote: ITT: at some point after the 60s, all music became terrible

I totally agree.
Agree as well. I would suggest the 50s, however.

I agree as well, and I would set the date 'after the 60s' to about 1995. I don't like too much 90s music, but there were still some good songs in the very early 90s. Around 93 or so rap and country began to take hold and now in 2016 everyone's favorite music is like not even music by my standards. The music industry has kind of been corrupted by rap nd nd country, with that extra 2% of music that is still somewhat good (like probably the only modern bands I like are Red Hot Chili Peppers and two of Maroon 5's albums). I'm only 12, but musically I feel really old when no one has heard of Eddie Van Halen, Joe Elliott, Steve Perry, or Bryan Adams, just to name a few. In Advanced Math at school, we will soon be taking surveys and I started mine a bit early, restricting my survey to 6th graders. The survey is about musical preference, and I've surveyed 6 people including myself, and the results are not good: country and rap are the most popular so far, and in the decade portion of my survey, I have the oldest musical preference by decade: 80s and early 90s. No one else does, with just about everyone who has taken it so far picking the decade 2010-present. I pity them.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
In a way, Gangnam Style was perfect for the modern music climate. With four English words in the entire song, and two of them being 'sexy ladies', it's no wonder it broke records.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania