Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have a favorite decade?
(20 Mar 2016, 02:13:33)NickOfFørvania Wrote: In a way, Gangnam Style was perfect for the modern music climate. With four English words in the entire song, and two of them being 'sexy ladies', it's no wonder it broke records.

I actually liked Gangnam Style. It is catchy compared to all these trashy rappers like Nikki Minaj and Lil Wayne.
- His Excellency, The Führer of the Greater Dashist Reich
I think it's even going to get worse in the future. I read online some things about tele-commuting making jobs and population centers obsolete. I hate to have to see the day where each area of land on Earth is stripped of a unique identity.
Yes and people should get up and out too to go to their jobs unless they have like an actually good reason. Technology is just making life easier and easier for us, which sometimes is good, but come on making it so people don't have to leave their homes for work? Also, reflecting on 'I think it's even going to get worse in the future", I could connect this to music even though it may not have been originally meant for that. Music, since 95, has been in a constant decline of quality. Like at school, sometimes we get to listen to music during class while we are working on homework, I'm the only one moving around on my seat to my song, and that's because you can move to a Def Leppard song or Van Halen, but you can't do that to a rap song because most often there's not one of those good beats that you get with a metal or rock song. I am 100% sure I can't be the only one on this forum that agrees with every word in this post. Musical quality is sadly declining.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
Why can't they play more of the good things on regular media.
I miss the old days too where everything wasn't connected to the cyberspace.
(20 Mar 2016, 02:13:33)NickOfFørvania Wrote: In a way, Gangnam Style was perfect for the modern music climate. With four English words in the entire song, and two of them being 'sexy ladies', it's no wonder it broke records.

According to some people at my school, Gangnam Style was about coffee. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but at least it'd be original.

(26 Mar 2016, 03:13:53)GovLynxia Wrote: Why can't they play more of the good things on regular media.
I miss the old days too where everything wasn't connected to the cyberspace.

For you.
[Image: tardis.png]
Starr, founder of Athela and Queen of Hiatuses.
(26 Mar 2016, 11:08:56)Representess of Athela Wrote: According to some people at my school, Gangnam Style was about coffee. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but at least it'd be original.

Coffee is mentioned a few times throughout the song, however it's mostly a corny love song about girls from Gangnam.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/gangna...ion-2012-9
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*Peace, Unity, Prosperity*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
.......... * * * * * * * * * *-----------------------* * * * * * * * * * * *..........
Also, I think a lot on TV today is junk and controversial stuff. Even kids shows can still be controversial today.
(27 Mar 2016, 00:43:37)GovLynxia Wrote: Also, I think a lot on TV today is junk and controversial stuff. Even kids shows can still be controversial today.

There has never been a good kids show.
The TV shows of today are probably very similar to older shows, just modern and exploring slightly different themes and issues.
Starr, founder of Athela and Queen of Hiatuses.
Representess of Athela Wrote:There has never been a good kids show.

Perhaps you are leaving out Mythbusters? My favorite show. I'm so sad they stopped doing new episodes.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
More importantly, freaking SpongeBob is being forgotten about.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz