Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadline for Articles for the Journal of Micronational Legal Studies
A quick reminder, the deadline for submissions to the Micronational Legal Studies Journal is 10th February. At the moment, we have an editorial board of one (me), and I'm also working on a paper. Despite this however, we will still be expecting quality. I'd prefer to publish something of quality with only one paper than something godawful with fifteen hundred. If you have an idea you'd like to discuss, then let me know, and we can chat about it.

I've included the original founding letter too, on the off chance that anyone interested may have missed it.

Attached Files
.pdf   Founding Letter for IMLS.pdf (Size: 96.23 KB / Downloads: 16)
Kind Regards,

HIM Taeglan I Nihilus,
The Reylan Emperor,
Imperial Triumvir
Prince of the Marimear

Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational
(8 Jan 2014, 03:22:19)Taeglan I Nihilus Wrote: A quick reminder, the deadline for submissions to the Micronational Legal Studies Journal is 10th February. At the moment, we have an editorial board of one (me), and I'm also working on a paper. Despite this however, we will still be expecting quality. I'd prefer to publish something of quality with only one paper than something godawful with fifteen hundred. If you have an idea you'd like to discuss, then let me know, and we can chat about it.

I've included the original founding letter too, on the off chance that anyone interested may have missed it.

I think this would be a very interesting undertaking and I look forward to reading the final product. There's been a distinct lack of quality micronational studies articles across all disciplines for more than a decade.

If I wasn't travelling for most of the time between now and the submission deadline, I'd definitely author something for you.

I will nonetheless suggest that you contact Vilhelm Benkern in Shireroth, who is the chief judge of that micronation. There have been a number of constitutional-related (including one on separation of powers) and other judicial matters heard there as of late and he might be interested in making a submission in support of your effort.

If there is a second issue of this Journal, please let me know and I will hopefully be able to contribute something at that time, provided my macronational schedule doesn't suck as much as it does right now.

Also, while I don't have time to write articles for this issue, if you'd like an extra set of eyes on the editorial board, I'm willing to help out.
Thanks for Coprieta Standardising this one, Liam, I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.
Vilhelm Benkern
Citizen of Shireroth, resident of Micras
I do what I can ;)
Liam Sinclair
Editor, Coprieta Standard
This is a good find! I hope that you get decent submissions to this as it is an interesting idea!

10th February is far too early for me to submit anything of interest. If I was to write something I would want it at a high level of quality and I have too many other things to read and write before then!

Just one question; is the journal applying to legal studies not making it too narrow? I don't think there is anything generally micronation-related anyway. We have a lot of experts in different fields across the hobby and it would be good to see different aspects of the hobby come to the fore outside of law. I leave that side open.

Wish you the best of luck!
Lewis- For the moment we are restricting it to Legal Studies. It is likely that in time the institute will be incorporated into the Imperial Academy when we revive it, however we're starting small.

Mr. Sinclair- There will certainly be a second edition and any contributions will be gladly recieved. Regarding your offer to sit on the Editorial Board, what are your qualifications to do so? PM me if you prefer.
Kind Regards,

HIM Taeglan I Nihilus,
The Reylan Emperor,
Imperial Triumvir
Prince of the Marimear

Reminder, you have five days to submit your papers!
Kind Regards,

HIM Taeglan I Nihilus,
The Reylan Emperor,
Imperial Triumvir
Prince of the Marimear