Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Micronational Military Operations
it seems like you have a very sophisticated system in place, and I applauded you for it. red and blue teaming, or wargaming, is a big part of any military training and can either serve to validate your skillsets and equipment, or identify areas of improvement. i'm looking forward to hearing more about your nation and its cyber military.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
(18 Nov 2018, 00:48:00)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: i'm looking forward to hearing more about your nation and its cyber military.

I'll gladly answer any questions you guys may have.
(30 Oct 2018, 01:11:18)kuvetof Wrote: Although I do maintain a standing army and have organized training exercises, we've done no "expeditions" or even more elaborate exercises. The exercises were mostly meant for the following purposes: 1) Knowing how to handle a weapon and 2) knowing how to survive in the wild. I don't think that a micronation needs any more than just that.

In my opinon threats are mostly in the cyber realm, rather than the physical one. We've conducted war games with the purpose of strengthening computer networks and systems and knowing how to prevent attacks and even learn how to counter attack. As a bonus here - and I do this professionally as well - we take advantage of open source intelligence. I hope this doesn't sound dumb, but hey, if Norway can have a cyber defence force then so can I.
While I am just in the creation of my military, a cyber defence force is a branch that I never thought of. 
Also seems like a great opportunity to dive into an old interest again.
HRM Harrison I of Patrimia 

Quote:“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”

-Steve Jobs

(20 Nov 2018, 18:50:12)KingHarrison Wrote: While I am just in the creation of my military, a cyber defence force is a branch that I never thought of. 

By my standards it is the most important part of the military, even if it was not the first branch to be formed. It is, however, the most sophisticated, thus far.
(22 Nov 2018, 03:30:49)kuvetof Wrote:
(20 Nov 2018, 18:50:12)KingHarrison Wrote: While I am just in the creation of my military, a cyber defence force is a branch that I never thought of. 

By my standards it is the most important part of the military, even if it was not the first branch to be formed. It is, however, the most sophisticated, thus far.

Agreed. After all, I doubt anyone is going to take up physical arms to fight for a bedroom republic. According to your wiki page, you have a total of eight citizens, so you be having manpower problems as well.

Also, minor question - how did you obtain independence? Last time I checked, New York City wasn't ceded to a government controlling eight people.
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Member of the Holy League

Baller Friday Party Host
(24 Nov 2018, 21:54:56)Brendan O Wrote: Agreed. After all, I doubt anyone is going to take up physical arms to fight for a bedroom republic. According to your wiki page, you have a total of eight citizens, so you be having manpower problems as well.  

Also, minor question - how did you obtain independence? Last time I checked, New York City wasn't ceded to a government controlling eight people.

I can't say there is a "manpower" issue. The nation is not that large and does not have too many points of entry, so to speak.

As for the independence part, it was more a declaration rather than recognition. Also, it's not the entire tri state area, but an insignificant part of it. Big difference.
(24 Nov 2018, 22:34:30)kuvetof Wrote:
(24 Nov 2018, 21:54:56)Brendan O Wrote: Agreed. After all, I doubt anyone is going to take up physical arms to fight for a bedroom republic. According to your wiki page, you have a total of eight citizens, so you be having manpower problems as well.  

I can't say there is a "manpower" issue. The nation is not that large and does not have too many points of entry, so to speak.

As for the independence part, it was more a declaration rather than recognition. Also, it's not the entire tri state area, but an insignificant part of it. Big difference.

Whoaaa! That must not allow for much infrastructure. How do you equip your troops?

By the way, what "area" does your "micro nation" compose of? Your bedroom, your backyard? Anything more than that?
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Baller Friday Party Host
(24 Nov 2018, 22:52:10)kuvetof Wrote:
(24 Nov 2018, 22:37:20)Brendan O Wrote: Whoaaa! That must not allow for much infrastructure. How do you equip your troops?

By the way, what "area" does your "micro nation" compose of? Your bedroom, your backyard? Anything more than that?

The same kind of area most micronations claim, whatever that is. Don't quite understand why you are attacking me.

"the same kind of area"

So...like, you're bedroom?
President Ghost 2017

Baller Friday Party Host
Let's try to keep things on topic. This is a military thread, not one dealing with land claims, secession, or bedroom republics. Kuvetof has brought up a good discussion on cyber defense and it warrants further attention.

Thanks.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell