Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stamps and Postal Service
Once the foundation of the State of Mobility is laid out I will strive to get some simple stamps and maybe go so far as creating a small postal service. The plan is that if someone wants to mail something to another Mobilian (a resident of the state), then they would buy a stamp, write the letter, put their name and the person that will be receiving the letter's name. After that they will give me the letter and I will deliver it, I will make sure the letter is polite and civil.

Invest in yourself. I can. I will. End of story.
So you're suggesting you will read peoples' letters? Might I recommend not doing that for privacy concerns?
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(19 Feb 2016, 03:02:55)Tjorvi Wrote: So you're suggesting you will read peoples' letters? Might I recommend not doing that for privacy concerns?

I hadn't even thought of that so thank you for bringing that up. I would however like to make sure people get along within the nation. If not a postal service idea may have to be flushed.

Sounds a bit like censorship to me. Will you put an "Authorised by the Censor" stamp on it? Will you cut out redacted words with a scissors?
Co-President for Leylandiistan and Foreign Secretary of Leylandiistan & Gurvata
Cómh-Uachtarán Léiloindístáin agus Aire Gnóthaí Eachtracha na Cónaidhme

Synod Representative to the Cabinet of the Mercian Christian Church

"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken" - Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
"You are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the Earth belong to us all, and the Earth itself to nobody" - Jean Jacques Rousseau
"The end of law is to preserve and enlarge freedom" - John Locke
Here in Førvania we have a postal service, however, nothing has been sent through it yet.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

(20 Feb 2016, 06:50:43)NickOfFørvania Wrote: Here in Førvania we have a postal service, however, nothing has been sent through it yet.

Could you please tell me how you went about doing this? You seem rather younger or the same age as me so I wanted to know how someone our age could do something to that scale.

You could get some custom stamps made, buy them in reasonable bulk to lower your cost, then sell them for say 100-200% profit, depending, then offer to deliver mail to people like a summer job and charge either a per piece fee or a straight monthly fee (like a subscription; $5/month per house with 100 houses means $500/month coming in). Tell them it's to help you learn math and the value of hard work, I'm sure you'll get some people willing to send some of their mail through you.

Keep a map of your local area with street addresses marked out, get a bike if you don't have one already, then every time you deliver something you could say something like "this mail was delivered by the [micronation] mail service!"

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(20 Feb 2016, 07:44:52)Tjorvi Wrote: You could get some custom stamps made, buy them in reasonable bulk to lower your cost, then sell them for say 100-200% profit, depending, then offer to deliver mail to people like a summer job and charge either a per piece fee or a straight monthly fee (like a subscription; $5/month per house with 100 houses means $500/month coming in). Tell them it's to help you learn math and the value of hard work, I'm sure you'll get some people willing to send some of their mail through you.

Keep a map of your local area with street addresses marked out, get a bike if you don't have one already, then every time you deliver something you could say something like "this mail was delivered by the [micronation] mail service!"

That sounds like a great idea but I meant, and I'm not sure if you did too, a postal service strictly for people of the State of Mobility.

(21 Feb 2016, 22:31:23)MobileNation Wrote: That sounds like a great idea but I meant, and I'm not sure if you did too, a postal service strictly for people of the State of Mobility.

Ok, when you have people sign up for your service, you could tell them "You are now a proud citizen of [micronation]! Congratulations, citizen!"

Or something to that effect.

(19 Feb 2016, 02:15:35)MobileNation Wrote: ...

Might I interpret this as a lack of a freedom of speech? :-/

(20 Feb 2016, 07:44:52)Tjorvi Wrote: ...

Jeez. I'm calling this guy the next time I need to make a quick buck. :D
[Image: 9768554.png]
Siwa Sopako Wogo Sani-Hong Kunoku
Manu ku awaso yo Tongowa Manuka hehe yoma tise.

If a post doesn't have a question mark, it isn't a question.
If it isn't a question, I'm not asking you anything, I'm telling you.