Poll: Are you a traditionalist or a modernist?
This poll is closed.
Traditionalist
59.09%
13 59.09%
Modernist
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Modernism
I have discussed modernism and related topics in several different threads in recent days. The discussions on modernism have been very interesting, so I thought it would be a good idea to discuss modernism in a separate forum thread.

Another prompt for my decision to set up this thread was my reading of the "Oath Against Modernism", promoted by Pope-Saint Pius X in 1910. You may review it for yourself here.

What do the people say with regard to modernism? Do you consider yourself a modernist or a traditionalist?

you know Markus, everything at one point in history was "modern"
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
I think it's about architecture?
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(30 Mar 2016, 03:33:30)Tjorvi Wrote: I think it's about architecture?

I believe it is, but can you really tell with Markus?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

Unsurprisingly, some modern things are good and some aren't. Like everyone else, I'm not really sure what sort of modernism and traditionalism we're on about, but I'm guessing I wouldn't really be in either camp regardless.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
I noticed there's not an option for 'in between'. I guess I can't vote now.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
Modernism is bleak trash that has cultivated a iphone society and dumb hairstyles and poor work ethic. No one will ever speak to another person ever again, except to gossip and hateful screaming. You know those emojiis? I saw this great comment the other day, I wish I could remember where I saw it, but it said that emojis are like cavemen symbols.

WE ARE REGRESSING BACK TO THE STONE AGE. WE CANNOT EVEN SAY WORDS, JUST EMOJIS.

You know how everyone fears the zombie apolysece and are preparing for it? What about these bland, soulless waste's of space? The zombies are already here.

We are creating a society that only knows how to listen to heavy metal trash, or "deathcore". (RUH RUH RUH AAAHHHHHHHHHH HAIL SATAN HAIL SATAN) listen to other dumb pop music garbage that the music industry defecates out of it's disgusting "pop stars" and is quickly eaten up by the brainwashed masses who then proceed to defecate all over society with their atrocious politically correct garbage, a society that is obsessed with trashy clothing that is made out of what I assume is literately garbage because it is just trashy pieces of cloth with dumb psychobabble plastered over it like some absurd Japanese art project, that only cares about being the top score on call of duty, makeup, and iPhones, which will be the religion of tomorrow.

The dumb teen hordes will take over the earth when they become the new adult generation, and will create a new religion that is just pop psychobabble trash. The World Culture is coming and no one can see it, no one is stopping it. The World Culture will take over and force everyone to listen to Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber and all that trash.
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Member of the Holy League

Baller Friday Party Host
(30 Mar 2016, 12:34:12)Brendan OBrien I Wrote: Modernism is bleak trash that has cultivated a iphone society and dumb hairstyles and poor work ethic. No one will ever speak to another person ever again, except to gossip and hateful screaming. You know those emojiis? I saw this great comment the other day, I wish I could remember where I saw it, but it said that emojis are like cavemen symbols.

You know how everyone fears the zombie apolysece and are preparing for it? What about these bland, soulless waste's of space? The zombies are already here.

We are creating a society that only knows how to listen to heavy metal trash, or "deathcore". (RUH RUH RUH AAAHHHHHHHHHH HAIL SATAN HAIL SATAN) listen to other dumb pop music garbage that the music industry defecates out of it's disgusting "pop stars" and is quickly eaten up by the brainwashed masses who then proceed to defecate all over society with their atrocious politically correct garbage, a society that is obsessed with trashy clothing that is made out of what I assume is literately garbage because it is just trashy pieces of cloth with dumb psychobabble plastered over it like some absurd Japanese art project, that only cares about being the top score on call of duty, makeup, and iPhones, which will be the religion of tomorrow.

The dumb teen hordes will take over the earth when they become the new adult generation, and will create a new religion that is just pop psychobabble trash. The World Culture is coming and no one can see it, no one is stopping it. The World Culture will take over and force everyone to listen to Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber and all that trash.

so when do you turn 13?
[Image: tumblr_inline_np5kqjWSLx1ss4nfu_540.png]
Tarik of Karjasari, by the Will of his People, King of Sabia and Verona
King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra
(30 Mar 2016, 12:46:36)Ricky Wrote:
(30 Mar 2016, 12:34:12)Brendan OBrien I Wrote: Modernism is bleak trash that has cultivated a iphone society and dumb hairstyles and poor work ethic. No one will ever speak to another person ever again, except to gossip and hateful screaming. You know those emojiis? I saw this great comment the other day, I wish I could remember where I saw it, but it said that emojis are like cavemen symbols.

so when do you turn 13?

What?

EDIT: Oh, I get it. Yeah, "oh look at O'Brien he is crazy oh look at him angry at the world culture ha ha ha ha he is crazy" Yeah, blah, blah, blah all these world culturists.
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Member of the Holy League

Baller Friday Party Host
There's a whole lot more to present day culture than just popular music and iPhones. Trends come and go, so I'm not at all worried. Also, no world culture until everyone gets along with one another and that's probably never going to happen.
State of Greater Ridd
Dafydd S. Jones