Poll: Are you a traditionalist or a modernist?
This poll is closed.
Traditionalist
59.09%
13 59.09%
Modernist
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Modernism
As much as I like old stuff like 80s music and history, I actually am quite fond of the style of architecture the modern age has brought us. A lot of modern buildings look pretty cool, as do old ones too, but modern ones are really tall and geometric, and like I said they look really cool.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
Eh, that cathedral looks alright to be honest. My only real architectural concerns are when the styles are mixed - I remember going to Oxford last year, and seeing a modern style building that just made me think "this would look great if it was just somewhere else".
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
(30 Mar 2016, 18:08:06)frix Wrote: Brendan, have you considered the possibility that most people listen to their own preferred genres of music and that pop just so happens to be where everyone can agree that "yeah, it'll do" and that's why it's popular? It doesn't matter if I listen to electro-punk-seagull-rock while my mate listens to Indonesian folk rap, neither of those are likely to top the charts because of how niche they are. But they'll all still exist, even if pop just happens to get heard more. I'm pretty certain that by this point complaining about pop music being bland is about as popular as pop music itself.

(30 Mar 2016, 17:05:06)Brendan OBrien I Wrote: the teens will be more vocal than anyone who actually likes their culture

Right now, you're shouting about how modernism will doom society, and being more vocal than anyone who disagrees with you. Just to point that out.

So, defending myself = Trying to be more vocal than anyone who disagrees with you.

The only reason you're pulling this absurd strawman nonsense on me and calling me crazy is because what I say isn't normal, therefore it's insane. I don't say politically correct things, that's the problems.
President Ghost 2017
At Congress: "Aw, shut up you sick fruitcake! I'm talking here!" -President Ghost

Member of the Holy League

Baller Friday Party Host
(31 Mar 2016, 12:43:05)Brendan OBrien I Wrote: The only reason you're pulling this absurd strawman nonsense on me and calling me crazy is because what I say isn't normal, therefore it's insane. I don't say politically correct things, that's the problems.

"pop is evil! emojis are the devil! teenagers are demons! thomas edison was a witch! millenials will doom humanity!" "i believe myself to be fifty nine years old!!" *fax machine noises*" is not politically incorrect, like, at all. And literally no one thinks not normal = insane. You're in a web forum with people who make fake countries and call themselves "emperor king" and "admiral president" for a hobby. Get a grip.
[Image: tumblr_inline_np5kqjWSLx1ss4nfu_540.png]
Tarik of Karjasari, by the Will of his People, King of Sabia and Verona
King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra
(31 Mar 2016, 13:15:52)Ricky Wrote:
(31 Mar 2016, 12:43:05)Brendan OBrien I Wrote: The only reason you're pulling this absurd strawman nonsense on me and calling me crazy is because what I say isn't normal, therefore it's insane. I don't say politically correct things, that's the problems.

"admiral president"

It's actually admiral-general, get your facts straight! :P

All hail admiral-general Aladeen!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Personal_CoA_of_Patrick_I.png]          
H.I.M  Patrick I, Emperor of Paravia,
King of Hoppalobindia,
 King Of Demirelia,
Vorsitzender of the Abeldane Empire,
Former Emperor of Nedland,
  Former Prime minister of Alenshka,
  And former Acting Premier of DRCC

For folk og Rike
I guess I'm partly traditionalist. I don't really like modern technology much and I also believe that it will cause mass unemployment and the fall of human society. But also, in modern times, women are allowed to be sexy when they weren't in the really old days like the 1940s. :)
(31 Mar 2016, 13:15:52)Ricky Wrote: You're in a web forum with people who make fake countries and call themselves "emperor king" and "admiral president" for a hobby. Get a grip.

Why? Is your country a "fake country" as well?
(1 Apr 2016, 21:12:28)Emperor Markus II Wrote:
(31 Mar 2016, 13:15:52)Ricky Wrote: You're in a web forum with people who make fake countries and call themselves "emperor king" and "admiral president" for a hobby. Get a grip.

Why? Is your country a "fake country" as well?

Naturally. If we can agree "fake" here doesn't mean "not real" as much as "not an actual country", then of course my country is a fake country.
[Image: tumblr_inline_np5kqjWSLx1ss4nfu_540.png]
Tarik of Karjasari, by the Will of his People, King of Sabia and Verona
King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra
I like microtonal music too. It sounds odd at first but you get used to it.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
I love modern technology and many of the rights of the modern world, but I like gun rights like the 1920's, culture and style of the 1950's, Ideally we will eventually create a combo like that but that's long down the line. So I fit in an odd spot in the middle.
-President Parker J. McCauley and Grand Field Marshal of the NRNA Armed Forces.