Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micronational news website
Reporter.
http://news.micronation.org/
We've gone for Reporter, and I've modded the CSS and some of the images to make it more professional-looking. Unfortunately we've run into some technical problems with getting images to show up.
I swear I asked this before, but is this going to be open for everyone to submit articles?
Naturally. We will probably also be syndicating content from other sites with permission.
Dr. C. Sebastian Linden, OBS, KVJ, IKA, KPP, OHG
Ambict of the Commonwealth of Rudno
Lord High Prefect of the Kingdom of New Westphalia
Member of the Mercian Parliament
Ecclesial Chancellor of the Collegium Pontificorum of Austenasia

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers." - Alfred Tennyson

(9 Nov 2013, 21:51:54)Cajak Wrote:
(9 Nov 2013, 21:45:06)Puggy Wrote: I've said this before - I really don't think we should use Wordpress. It's not as... "professional" in appearance as would be ideal. It's better than say, Blogger, but not ideal.

I don't know. Blogger is more like a "blog", and I think what we need is something that looks more like a news site.

In the meantime, check this one. Yep, it's free.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I'm suggesting that Wordpress too seems more fit for a blog than what we should be aiming for.

A good template might make up for that, though.
His Imperial Majesty King Theodoric of Tiana and Her Associated Territories
better known as Joseph Puglisi
User registrations on MNA weren't working earlier, so I disabled Buddypress (I don't even know why that was installed - it's terrible) and now you're all welcome to sign up once the site's done.
And that shouldn't be too far away - we're just going over the small matters now.
[Image: bnrWinfam.gif]Ando 386 Can we have Comic Sans?
Are we allowed to have an estimated date for when the site will be ready to use and submit content to?
I'd definitely, definitely be down to write for this site.
His Imperial Majesty King Theodoric of Tiana and Her Associated Territories
better known as Joseph Puglisi
The testing has been completed and the first article has gone up, so I presume we're open for business.
[Image: bnrWinfam.gif]Ando 386 Can we have Comic Sans?