Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conlangs of Micronations
Do your micronations have conlang(s)? If so, what is it called? What language family does it belong to? Can you give us a sample (and please include in your sample: Duke Dylan I of the Duchy of Hodiny)? A pronunciation guide if you have the time?
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
In Litvania, the official language is Litvanian, and it is a slavic language. Duke Dylan I of Hodiny would be:

Kšęč Dilán Piervšý Hodýnjii

Pronounciation: Kshech Dilaan Pee/ervshi Hodýnyee

Another common phrase is: Ahój, which means Hello.

Pronounciation: Aahuoi
Michał Nowacki HoS OSR
President of the Republic of Litvania
Ad ultimum voluntatis arbitrium populi.

[Image: Litvania-seal.png]
Quote:Micronationalism is the Hotel California, you can check out anytime, but you can never leave.
- A wise man
While it's not longer in use for our micronation, Covanellis used to have a conlang (from which the name of the country is still derived). The language was somewhat based off Latin, although grammar is mostly native and many words are also native.

Duke Dylan I of the Duchy of Hodiny would be translated as: Duč Dylan Unnź Dučtehodinyž (pronunciation: Duch Dylan Uzy [y is consonant not vowel] Dochtehodinyzh [zh sounds like g in giant]).

She sells sea shells by the sea shore is: Savre rét konok in palaš. (Pronunciation: Saav rayt konok in paalash).

Hello is Bonjeré (pronunciation is almost impossible through text)

Goodbye is Závisk (pronunciation: Zaiveesk)
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*Peace, Unity, Prosperity*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
.......... * * * * * * * * * *-----------------------* * * * * * * * * * * *..........
What was the language called?

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
It was never officially named, but I suppose it could be called Covanese.
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*Peace, Unity, Prosperity*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
.......... * * * * * * * * * *-----------------------* * * * * * * * * * * *..........
My conlang is called Angle-Saxish. It's derived from Old English (Anglo-Saxon), with German and Dutch influence.

If anyone wants a written sample, here are the first thirteen chapters of the Gospel according to Matthew.
Since we use English and Spanish with German tossed in, basically our languages are derived from the Germanic and Romance language groups. Nothing special with us.
- His Excellency, The Führer of the Greater Dashist Reich
Sveiki,

Tenkúr jám melem tešt že angélskégó, i býlo barďo ňe faíné. I speďilem troše časú na "micornation forum". Naš jazýk ma tři formý: Slavskí, Litvaneškí, Cyrilski

Translation:

Hello,

Today i had an english test, and it was bad. I spent some time on the micronation forums. Our language has three forms: Litvanian, Slavic, Cyrillic
Michał Nowacki HoS OSR
President of the Republic of Litvania
Ad ultimum voluntatis arbitrium populi.

[Image: Litvania-seal.png]
Quote:Micronationalism is the Hotel California, you can check out anytime, but you can never leave.
- A wise man
I'm doing a Micronational conlang comparison project, so if you have a conlang please translate the following sentence into your conlang. You may PM me or post on here. I don't really care.

Here is the sentence:

I ran the long distance of five miles in a time of forty six minutes flat.

That sentence in Hodish is:

Il krüs't kvei enfrnüng dé fëv mëlu'n ån szå dé vørsijx zikzr'n plån.