Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Markus II vs. Akihonaomi debates
This thread is specifically designed as a debate forum between Emperor Markus II of New Israel and Grand Protector Suzuki Akihonaomi of New Starland. I'd like to begin this thread with a quote: "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her" (attributed to Jesus in John 8.7). Markus, since you are likely the least sinful of the two of us, you may cast the first stone at "her" (me).
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Co-Founder and Leader of the Drew Star Line Legacy (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

Now, you have already begun this on the wrong foot. There is no need for condescension, i.e., "you are likely the least sinful of the two of us". How do you know that for certain? Only God knows the heart.
(6 Jun 2016, 01:59:01)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Now, you have already begun this on the wrong foot. There is no need for condescension, i.e., "you are likely the least sinful of the two of us". How do you know that for certain? Only God knows the heart.

Simple, whatever sins I committed I have never confessed to doing so in the eyes of the Lord, for I do not believe, whereas you have.

Plus I always play black in a game of chess.

Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

(6 Jun 2016, 02:03:52)DNSgov Wrote: Plus I always play black in a game of chess.

Meaning what?
(6 Jun 2016, 02:14:14)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Meaning what?

White strikes first in a game of chess, and I am the black pieces. The forum awaits your first debate topic. You may cast the first stone, Markus.

Islam.

I maintain that the two sects of Islam are like two roots of one cancerous tree. What do you say?
(6 Jun 2016, 02:23:23)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Islam.

I maintain that the two sects of Islam are like two roots of one cancerous tree. What do you say?

No, I believe that the two sects of Islam, because of the blood-feud over the caliphate that split them into Sunnis and Shias, is the root of the problem. I strongly believe, based on my studying of the Quran and my Muslim USMC neighbor, that Islam was originally founded as a religion of peace, but because of the rift between the sects this goal has been hard to damn near impossible to achieve. The two groups also see any ally of one as being the enemy of another. The US, for instance, supported Sunni Muslims up until the Persian Gulf War. That's what caused so much rift between America and Iran, because they supported a Sunni leader of a Shia-dominated state. After the Gulf War, this perception changed, and the Sunni Muslims began seeing America as their enemy, and organized the 9-11 attacks as a counter strike. The core ISIS leaders were for the most part all Sunni Iraqis that supported Saddam Hussein's Baathist Party, they just fled to Syria to avoid capture and internment in US black sites and Iraqi criminal trails.

I am not sure how this debate can continue if you are going to continue with your moral nihilism in attempting to justify the September 11 attack.

You are in denial about the fundamental evils of Islam; evidently you have been deprived of a legitimate western education. Have you truly read the Qur'an? Do you truly believe every Muslim is as virtuous as you say your Muslim neighbor is?

Are you aware that the Islamic caliphate grew out of Arabia, conquering and destroying much of classical civilization, and even attempting on numerous occasions to invade Europe? Have you not heard of the Battle of Tours? You would be speaking Arabic now and praying to Mecca - heaven forbid - had the Saracens won the Battle of Tours. Heaven forbid, those barbaric Saracens even intended to conquer Rome and destroy the Church.
(6 Jun 2016, 16:15:00)Emperor Markus II Wrote: I am not sure how this debate can continue if you are going to continue with your moral nihilism in attempting to justify the September 11 attack.

You are in denial about the fundamental evils of Islam; evidently you have been deprived of a legitimate western education. Have you truly read the Qur'an? Do you truly believe every Muslim is as virtuous as you say your Muslim neighbor is?

Are you aware that the Islamic caliphate grew out of Arabia, conquering and destroying much of classical civilization, and even attempting on numerous occasions to invade Europe? Have you not heard of the Battle of Tours? You would be speaking Arabic now and praying to Mecca - heaven forbid - had the Saracens won the Battle of Tours. Heaven forbid, those barbaric Saracens even intended to conquer Rome and destroy the Church.

Actually, during the time of the early Caliphate, medieval Europe was the backwater of the world. Classical civilization and its teachings were maintained by Muslim scholars, particularly in Alexandria. If it wasn't for these Muslim scholars, the works of Aristotle, Plato and others would have been lost forever, never to be rediscovered by European traders in the 13th and 14th centuries.

9-11 is a tricky scenario. I remember the event when I was kindergarten, and all the teachers were crying and running around like mad. We, as little kids, really didn't understand what was going on, and when the teachers turned all the TVs at school on I assumed we were watching a movie of some kind. It was only after a girl next to me asked our teacher if this meant her father was going to war that I began to realize that what was happening was something more. They eventually evacuated the school, because their were fears that the Marine Corps base that my school was on would be attacked (it wasn't). Since my father was a Chief Warrant Officer, he was obviously deployed to fight Islamic extremists (in any way a mechanic can "fight").

My background as a military brat of Marine officer makes me more attuned to "legitimate western education" than you Markus. Have you ever been afraid that you father would die because a suicide bomber blew up his whole battalion, or that a scud missile would smash into his mech-shop oversees? I grew up with these realities, but rather than blame the Muslim community for the actions of a few, I've decided to try to learn why such a conflict exists. If I said that all Muslims are terrorists, are Muslims are evil, than I will also have to say that all Christians are evil, because the actions of a few essentially wiped out two whole continents of people, subjugated two other continents, and almost destroyed my great-grandmother's people, the Jews of Central Europe.

(6 Jun 2016, 21:46:35)DNSgov Wrote: Actually, during the time of the early Caliphate, medieval Europe was the backwater of the world. Classical civilization and its teachings were maintained by Muslim scholars, particularly in Alexandria.

I feel that the Eastern Roman Empire is being ignored here; not all Europe was a backwater. Alexandria would never have been ruled by the Muslims had they not invaded and conquered Egypt first.
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]