Poll: Are micro national churches heresy
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Poll: Are micronational Churches heresy?
Heya,

I was wondering what y'all think about "Micronational Churches", please vote in the poll and comment down below :)
His Majesty
Valdemar Óskyldrsson
With the Help of God, Konung of the Rhoss
[Image: 161px-Rhossr%C3%ADkiLesser2.png]
What is a micronational church? Any church is heretical to other religions lol.
Matthew Cummings
President, Federated States of Noveria | Wiki
Senator, Eodus
I don't really care, I'm an atheist and it's your church if you found it; it's up to you to decide what's heresy or not. This is micronations m8.
Sincerely,
His Excellency,
Ned Greiner
Genghis Khan of Nedland
Duke of Alkmaar (Mahuset)
President of Lundenland (Mahuset)
President of Zelenarus (Paravia)

Richard Cunninghytholoday Wrote:Now, when I say 'oh my god nobody cares,' please don't take offence; but oh my god, nobody cares.
Lucas Campos Wrote:Oh god, so high, 420% high
I voted yes; not because I believe that the foundation of new churches is heresy (that's the wrong terminology), but because it is schism, and that's just as bad.
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]
(15 Jun 2016, 16:15:24)Austenasia Wrote: I voted yes; not because I believe that the foundation of new churches is heresy (that's the wrong terminology), but because it is schism, and that's just as bad.

Perhaps indeed could have better written schismatic.
But yea, I guess people get the point..
His Majesty
Valdemar Óskyldrsson
With the Help of God, Konung of the Rhoss
[Image: 161px-Rhossr%C3%ADkiLesser2.png]
To be a true functional church it must have lawfully called ordained elders who are licensed to preach and administer the sacraments. And no, self-proclaimed ordination or ordination via the Internet does not count; it must be done by the laying on of hands of other presbyters. It is theoretically possible for a true Protestant micronational church to exist in reality, but I have never seen one.
Earl Penda, would you care to be more specific?

Who exactly are these ordained elders, and from whom do they receive ordination?

How can there be any valid 'elders' to this day, except by apostolic succession? There is an unbroken succession of bishops in the Roman Church. In Protestantism, there is no direct lineage to the Apostles - or can you show how one exists?

For the poll, I voted yes, though I agree with the good Emperor that the proper terminology is "Schismatic". However, there are several instances of Churches within micronationalism that are both schismatic and heretical. The United Holy Church of the Thirteen Apostles is an abominable and horrific perversion of Christianity mixed with Islam. Then there is the doctrinally heretical "Restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints", which I am pleased to hear was abolished.

There are other churches which are more in line with true dogma, but still ought to be considered Schismatic in that the base of their existence is independence from the catholic church. Firstly, the Church of Juclandia is farcical in that it does not contain real Christians, but it is rather a mere fantasy. It is a "church" adhered to by none but stuffed toys. The Juclandian situation really should be addressed at some point, because in the least, stuffed toys should not be considered sentient beings.

The Zealandian Church is certainly better than the Church of Juclandia, but it is mired in all sorts of heresy. Firstly it is led by a man-woman (or whatever it is to be called, when a man decides he is a woman), which would not have been permitted in any church adhering to the word of God. Even if this Astrid were indeed a woman, there would be the problem that women are not at all permitted to have such titles as "Senior Cardinal", etc. This Church of Zealandia is nearly as bizarre as the Church of Juclandia.

In truth, there was an Apostolic Church of New Israel (I do not dispute this), but my recent finding of the catholic faith encouraged me to make many sweeping changes to the Holy Empire's Constitution (and this new Constitution was ratified in February). Among these changes was the reformation of the Church into an institution called "the Apostolate of the Holy Office" which is in other words the Inquisition of the Empire. No longer Protestant, the new religious authorities of the Holy Empire are now quite catholic.

The Apostolic Church of the Holy Empire served its purposes, but now the people of the Holy Empire are better served through the Apostolate, which is more in line with what our blessed Lord intended.

Ultimately the whole concept of a state church is an innovation of the Protestant revolt. There is not a separation of church and state, but rather a distinction and a close partnership. In truth, I would have it that the state be under the guiding and watchful eye of the church.
Given that heresy is an entirely subjective concept which entirely depends on the religion of the individual and does not objectively exist, I voted no.
EIVS IMPERIALIS MAIESTIS ADAMVS PRIMVS · IMPERATOR ADAMMIAE I · DOMINVS CRAFTANIAE II · DVX DEIRAE · MAGNVS PENMINAE ET SPILDCASTLAE · MMXIII - MMXVIII

(15 Jun 2016, 19:10:00)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Earl Penda, would you care to be more specific?

Who exactly are these ordained elders, and from whom do they receive ordination?

Ordination comes from the laying on of hands of the presbytery. So previously ordained elders ordain new elders. Existing churches plant new churches. One would therefore expect a line even in Protestant churches all the way back to the Apostles because no true Protestant church has ever accepted that a man can proclaim himself an elder.
I present... Markus!

"The Crown and the Faith are the twin pillars upon which the world rests."
Supporter of memes that don't exist.