I am uncertain.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Regarding Transgenderism
(26 Jul 2016, 05:29:52)Ricky Wrote: tl;dr do not inflict pain upon those who do not inflict pain on others, and if a guy wants to be a girl or a girl wants to be a guy let them be and respect them because it doesn't cost you a damn thing.

It costs society quite a lot to see the biblical norms of social cohesion destroyed. It should be noted that every human being deserves a reasonable amount of respect, but this respect does not have to take a libertarian form. Clearly, people who believe that they are "born in the wrong body", as they say, have a very serious mental problem and should be helped. In extreme cases, a sex-change operation might be waranted to guarantee the wellbeing of an individual.

However, the recent surge in the "Trans community" makes me believe that for a massive group of so called transsexuals, this is not a serious issue but rather an example of left-wing progressive nobodies who wish to rage against the few societal structures that have survived the cultural revolution of the 1960s. One just has to listen to an average spokesperson for the Trans community to reach the conclusion that it is much more of a marketing trick than an actual solution to a mental issue.

It should also be noted that sex-change operations on adults almost never bring the desired result, for obvious reasons. In fact, post-operation suicide is much higher than pre-operation suicide. So we are not helping people by letting them do whatever they want, paid for by the taxpayer.
The right to self determine one's gender and to have that determination respected is codified in the Nemkhav Federation Constitution.

Just passing through :)
Marka Mejakhansk GCOC OBS KCA
President of the Nemkhav Federation
Chancellor of the Central Nemkhav Republic
Transsexualism is a tough one, for me, mostly because I do not know much about it, so I'm treating it as the case whereby individuals are not just sexually attracted to people of their biological makeup, but would like to become more attractive to said people through costly and extreme biological change.
This is fine. Why shouldn't it be fine? You have people who want tattoos, you have people who want to build their body to look like a bull, so why can't you have people swapping over to the other gender? Only those convicted enough would do such a thing - they know what they're doing, and they've probably had the thoughts about it for years. I do think that, if they're not being state-sponsored for such operations, it should at least be nationally inspected.
And, in the eyes of the state, it should not matter who they are sexually attracted to, other than for consideration in crime cases.
Simply Communist.
(26 Jul 2016, 09:04:09)James Thomas Draxe Wrote: It should also be noted that sex-change operations on adults almost never bring the desired result, for obvious reasons. In fact, post-operation suicide is much higher than pre-operation suicide. So we are not helping people by letting them do whatever they want, paid for by the taxpayer.

This is interesting, and may be useful to the discussion. Do you remember where you found this statistic?
A mental disorder is something that causes distress. Identifying as transgender does not cause distress after transition it in fact does the opposite. As for suicde rates that's most cause by bullying not the fact that they've transitioned... science has also shown that there are many chromosome combination and not just 2 so generally speaking whether your male or female cannot be determined by chromosomes. There's also hormones and genitalia. Now there is a mental disorder called "Gender Dysphoria" in which one is not comftorable with his or her gender. This is cured by gasp transitioning into the preferred gender.
Sincerly, His Royal Highness, King Stephen The First
(26 Jul 2016, 15:00:59)Michael Ònff Wrote: This is interesting, and may be useful to the discussion. Do you remember where you found this statistic?

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article...ne.0016885

(26 Jul 2016, 15:58:30)QueenJosephineTheFirst Wrote: A mental disorder is something that causes distress. Identifying as transgender does not cause distress after transition it in fact does the opposite.

Oh certainly it does, just check out the study I just posted. Post-operation suicide is relatively common.

Quote:science has also shown that there are many chromosome combination and not just 2 so generally speaking whether your male or female cannot be determined by chromosomes.

I don't really think you understand science if you claim this. One of the most solid biological facts is that sex is directly related to the combination of x/y chromosomes.

Quote:There's also hormones and genitalia. Now there is a mental disorder called "Gender Dysphoria" in which one is not comftorable with his or her gender. This is cured by gasp transitioning into the preferred gender.

Gender Dysphoria is a real mental disorder, indeed. I wonder for how many people in the "Trans community" this disorder really plays a role though. Other likely factors are a necessity for attention or sexual perversion.
WHICH AS I SAID IS CAUSED BY BULLYING NOT BY THE TRANSITION ITSELF. So basically people like you cause it :P

Quote:Gender Dysphoria is a real mental disorder, indeed. I wonder for how many people in the "Trans community" this disorder really plays a role though. Other likely factors are a necessity for attention or sexual perversion.

GENDER AND SEXUALITY ARE 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. Who you are attracted to and what gender you identify with are 2 totally different subjects. it isn't a "Sexual Perversion" most people aren't turned on because they feel trans :@
(26 Jul 2016, 18:49:55)QueenJosephineTheFirst Wrote: WHICH AS I SAID IS CAUSED BY BULLYING NOT BY THE TRANSITION ITSELF. So basically people like you cause it :P

My sources seem to suggest otherwise, do you have sources to back up your claims?

Quote:GENDER AND SEXUALITY ARE 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. Who you are attracted to and what gender you identify with are 2 totally different subjects. it isn't a "Sexual Perversion" most people aren't turned on because they feel trans :@

I'm just giving some possible reasons for people to behave contrary to nature other than having an actual mental disorder. Also using caps this much makes you look rather foolish.

It's quite hard to argue with people who don't know how to make a coherent point, or let alone know how to read.
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/06/22...ide-rates/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tann...64834.html

Read them...

Here's another one

http://www.sebastianmitchellbarr.com/blo...pt-suicide
That's no backing for the point that you were making here, aside from the Huff, which doesn't really put forward a coherent argument either. It's blatantly biased.