Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Genetic Modification
I've been wondering recently about Genetic Modification and what it can do.  It can create humans that have more advantages and less disadvantages.  Who knows, it could breed highly intelligent humans who have the know how to end poverty.  It will change everything forever, but I don't have to explain it all... Here is a video that will explain how Genetic Modification will change everything forever.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY
Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
we should genetically modify Humanity to improve ourselves, that shouldn't even be a question
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
We should not genetically modify human beings.

What do you mean? Would you dare demean the human soul by turning the human body into a changeable commodity? Shall we, then, charge a certain amount of money for a male child, or a certain amount for a female child? One thousand dollars for blonde hair? An extra thousand for long fingers?
I am talking about, allowing humans to be immune to aging, the ability to have gills to breathe under water. Its nothing more than Artificial Gene Switching Markus. I also know that your saying this for Religious Reasons. If we have the ability to modify human genetics to allow people to have Intelligence, Strength, than humans can have more of our advantages and less of our disadvantages. And In a 13.7 Billion year old Universe that is dangerous, Genetic Modification can help make areas that are uninhabitable, suitable for humans to live in. Also Markus, Genetic Modification is becoming cheaper, I mean we've modified Plants through Evolutionary Biology where a plant's offspring (Yes, its possible for plants to have offspring through Plant Reproduction) we artificially select the best plant.

We've been breeding wolves into dogs for tens of thousands of years through Artificial Selection as well. Its why we have different breeds of dogs, like mixes of a Poodle and a Golden Retriever for example. Another thing is with Artificial Engineering, some humans could live for a few thousand years as a result. It is to improve Human Life, and possibly even save human lives and give humans an advantage. It will still change Humanity forever. In the future we could have both lungs and gills so we can breathe under water and also be immune to other diseases from birth. We could eradicate thousands of diseases with Genetic Engineering.

We've already been doing Genetic Engineering for thousands of years through Selective Breeding. Also, because of Genetic Engineering, we also have artificial Insulin which can help people like myself with Type 1 Diabetes, when previously it had to come from the organs of an animal. In some cases with Genetic Engineering we could so much more that we couldn't do before. Also, it is possible for a child to have 3 Genetic Parents because of Genetic Engineering.

With CRISPR we can do many things with Medicine and other things that have not been done before. Same with Stem Cell Research, the empty Stem Cells can replace dead cells with living blank cells that can turn into anything. Genetic Engineering and Stem Cell Research overall can save Millions of Lives and improve our standard of living and with these technologies we can do so much. We must go into the future and leave the past's way of thinking behind us so we can go to the Stars and explore other Galaxies and become the Universe's first Dominant Civilization.
Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
(10 Aug 2016, 16:21:50)Tjorvi Wrote: we should genetically modify Humanity to improve ourselves, that shouldn't even be a question

Agreed. If God/Nature/Klergjqtyup created us, then they obviously intended for us to better ourselves and our beings in the future. If not, God/Nature/Klergjqtyup would have made humanity dumb enough to not reinvent itself.
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Co-Founder and Leader of the Drew Star Line Legacy (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

(10 Aug 2016, 15:36:53)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote: I've been wondering recently about Genetic Modification and what it can do.  It can create humans that have more advantages and less disadvantages.  Who knows, it could breed highly intelligent humans who have the know how to end poverty.  It will change everything forever, but I don't have to explain it all... Here is a video that will explain how Genetic Modification will change everything forever.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

Intelligence is not an issue for solving much, anymore. We have computers for the complex, mathematical tasks, and any extra intelligence wouldn't go ahead and solve world hunger - we know how to solve the macro problems, but nobody wants to fix them (money money money).

(10 Aug 2016, 16:25:59)Emperor Markus II Wrote: We should not genetically modify human beings.

What do you mean? Would you dare demean the human soul by turning the human body into a changeable commodity? Shall we, then, charge a certain amount of money for a male child, or a certain amount for a female child? One thousand dollars for blonde hair? An extra thousand for long fingers?

How would changing your body to remove cancers, genetic diseases, etc, demean your soul? Is chemotherapy not doing that? This is using the natural processes of a being's own body to fix itself - it's actually using the unwanted biological pathogen/etc's processes/proteins to kill itself, from as far as I can understand. Editing the genes of embryo, etc, I'm not entirely on board with, but editing currently living genes, I see no issue. And, don't worry - if you're a real sceptic, you can denounce the new human beings as non-human ;)
You better start praying for a nuclear war, because we're about to get the fullest means, as a species, to change everything.
Simply Communist.
I want an extra arm. The question is where to put it.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

I think genetic modification is a good thing but only if used in moderation. Obviously we cant have everyone becoming immortal or just the rich people becoming immortal. However being able to cure diseases and preventing birth defects would be extremely useful and helpful.
(10 Aug 2016, 22:14:11)King Wesley Wrote: I think genetic modification is a good thing but only if used in moderation. Obviously we cant have everyone becoming immortal or just the rich people becoming immortal. However being able to cure diseases and preventing birth defects would be extremely useful and helpful.

What's wrong with the rich becoming immortal? Means their money will be all spent back to the people! And they have the option of better healthcare, so they should receive it! /s
Simply Communist.
(10 Aug 2016, 21:23:00)NickOfFørvania Wrote: I want an extra arm. The question is where to put it.

I'd definitely need an even number of arms for the symmetry.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz