Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Genetic Modification
(11 Aug 2016, 04:10:53)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Cloning has failed. It is a grave scientific perversion - cloning. It has been attempted, and it has only resulted in deformities and disease.

Have you not heard of a certain lamb that was cloned? It was quite miserable from what I have heard. Obviously, that is because it was conceived unnaturally and therefore it developed improperly.

It was because it was birthed 20 years ago, and they have steadily made advancements over the years. In fact I read a NatGeo Article a while back that stated that by 2030 Russia hopes to have a zoo in Siberia with a whole host of Paleolithic animals like Mammoths. We have the technology to do cloning successfully, it's only a matter of funding now.
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Co-Founder and Leader of the Drew Star Line Legacy (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

Oh, but that is interesting! Bringing back the dinosaurs, and the like, is an interesting idea. As long as no perversions (i.e., using human DNA) occur in the process, I should very like to see such a thing.

We believe the dinosaurs died out rather recently, anyway - or, perhaps, they are rare and live in caves and uninhabited places. If they died so recently, restoring them to life should not be so difficult.
Markus, please stop making comments like that, I'd like to take a break from hitting my head on my desk from the sheer absurdity of it.

As for the cloning and its apparent "failure," successful results.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(11 Aug 2016, 04:32:35)Tjorvi Wrote: Markus, please stop making comments like that, I'd like to take a break from hitting my head on my desk from the sheer absurdity of it.

As for the cloning and its apparent "failure," successful results.

I have only one question. What on Earth would be housed in Mark's Creationist Jurassic Park? I think this has some merit, if only for the comic relief!

Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

Oh, but that is a good question.

If dinosaurs were to be brought back, provided it were done through legitimate means, I should like to see all sorts of interesting dinosaurs. The tyrannosaur is rather obvious, but also the pterodactyl, brontosaur, stegosaur, and the like. I also would like to have many compsognathus.

Obviously, I know very little about dinosaurs, because I have named only the most common. But that is, I think, what all of us would like to see in "Mark's Creationist Jurassic Park", as it were.
(11 Aug 2016, 04:16:56)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Oh, but that is interesting! Bringing back the dinosaurs, and the like, is an interesting idea. As long as no perversions (i.e., using human DNA) occur in the process, I should very like to see such a thing.

We believe the dinosaurs died out rather recently, anyway - or, perhaps, they are rare and live in caves and uninhabited places. If they died so recently, restoring them to life should not be so difficult.

Dna doesn't last that long but could still have mammoths and stuff.
His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor Of The Great Mizumori Empire.

(11 Aug 2016, 04:39:46)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Oh, but that is a good question.

If dinosaurs were to be brought back, provided it were done through legitimate means, I should like to see all sorts of interesting dinosaurs. The tyrannosaur is rather obvious, but also the pterodactyl, brontosaur, stegosaur, and the like. I also would like to have many compsognathus.

Obviously, I know very little about dinosaurs, because I have named only the most common. But that is, I think, what all of us would like to see in "Mark's Creationist Jurassic Park", as it were.

Isn't this playing God?
Simply Communist.
Markus, Genetic Engineering and Cloning are in its Infancy, rather it hasn't advanced far enough. You simply don't understand that some Sciences are still in its Infancy. Just like the same could be said with Modern Medicine in the 1860s. The point of Genetic Engineering is to make one child immune from a certain disease and it could in the future eradicate Thousands of Diseases that we have a problem with today.

It is also like how Agriculture was in its Infancy about 12,000 Years ago. Today we have Fertilizers, Pesticide, and things that make Farming easier than ever before. Genetic Engineering is just to give humans less disadvantages and more advantages. Just like in 40,000 years that Humans will be colonizing other Systems, but it will not be us Homo Sapiens Sapiens Ignore. Rather an improved version of Homo Sapiens Sapiens. A species of human I will call Homo Magnitudo or Man of Greatness in Latin. They will have more of our advantages and less of our disadvantages. We need to move forward and not backwards. We must improve our technology and move forward and not go back to being a Primitive Species.
Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
(11 Aug 2016, 14:26:20)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote: Markus, Genetic Engineering and Cloning are in its Infancy, rather it hasn't advanced far enough.  You simply don't understand that some Sciences are still in its Infancy.  Just like the same could be said with Modern Medicine in the 1860s.  The point of Genetic Engineering is to make one child immune from a certain disease and it could in the future eradicate Thousands of Diseases that we have a problem with today.

It is also like how Agriculture was in its Infancy about 12,000 Years ago.  Today we have Fertilizers, Pesticide, and things that make Farming easier than ever before.  Genetic Engineering is just to give humans less disadvantages and more advantages.  Just like in 40,000 years that Humans will be colonizing other Systems, but it will not be us Homo Sapiens Sapiens Ignore.  Rather an improved version of Homo Sapiens Sapiens.  A species of human I will call Homo Magnitudo or Man of Greatness in Latin.  They will have more of our advantages and less of our disadvantages.  We need to move forward and not backwards.  We must improve our technology and move forward and not go back to being a Primitive Species.

Apparently they will also have four toes on each foot and reddish-brown hair (the hair part I find odd). That is assuming humanity hasn't morphed itself with robotics to become some kind of transformer-like species, or better yet the Monoliths in the Space Odyssey series.

I am a young earth creationist. I do not believe the earth is any older than six or seven thousand years.

Thus, I do think it is possible to bring back extinct creatures to life.