Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Genetic Modification
(11 Aug 2016, 18:05:56)Emperor Markus II Wrote: I am a young earth creationist. I do not believe the earth is any older than six or seven thousand years.

Thus, I do think it is possible to bring back extinct creatures to life.

Oh my goodness gracious me. Yet you believe in dinosaurs? You know, those things which have been proven to have been around millions of years ago by the same technologies which science, which you're so fond of, developed?... Markus, get the dinosaurs out of your head. It's a big conspiracy. You'll be ostracised to dream further!
Simply Communist.
(11 Aug 2016, 18:05:56)Emperor Markus II Wrote: I am a young earth creationist. I do not believe the earth is any older than six or seven thousand years.

Thus, I do think it is possible to bring back extinct creatures to life.

I'm an ancient Earth devolopist. I have been on college credit trips to places with 3.7 billion year old rocks, which we got to test dating technologies on. That means that I was able to discover and confirm, for myself, that the Earth is super old. 

Thus, while I do not believe it will happen in my lifetime, I believe it is possible to bring back extinct creatures.
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Co-Founder and Leader of the Drew Star Line Legacy (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

It has been proven with Radioactive Dating that the Earth is 4.5 Billion Years Old. You believe in a book that was translated by imperfect and probably even Homophobic people. The Bible is nothing more than a book of Fairy Tales in my mind.

The reason why I think Creationism is dumb, is because Matter Cannot be Created or Destroyed. The Earth took 30 Million Years of Asteroids Smashing into each other to create a planet with the Heavy Elements sinking to the center and the lighter elements went to form the Crust.

The thing about my idea of Earth Forming is that unlike the bible, the 4.5 Billion Year Old Earth actually has evidence with Radioactive Dating and that that Creationism makes absolutely no sense in many people's minds including myself. Another thing is that it could be possible with future technology to bring back extinct creatures.

The only problem with New Israel is that their Emperor, Markus thinks a work of Iron Age Religious Mythology is a Science Textbook and forces it upon the Education System of the Nation.... *Joke Intended*

I mean Joe Biden personally does not believe in abortion on request, but that doesn't mean he forces his Religious Beliefs on the Public, and no nation should do it either. I am looking at you Saudi Arabia and the Vatican..... *Joke Intended*

But with all jokes aside, it is safe to say that Creationists are wrong by Evidence, and thank the Scientists for Evidence. I personally believe that Religion is not needed in the Modern World because it was made to explain why droughts happen, and why famines occur. We now know it is now something called Climate Change. Reverting from Science back to Religion will be a stupid idea, because it will create more idiots who will sit around Camp Fires in forests worshiping a Sky Wizard that we don't know if one exists or not.
Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
(11 Aug 2016, 19:13:17)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote: It has been proven with Radioactive Dating that the Earth is 4.5 Billion Years Old.  You believe in a book that was translated by imperfect and probably even Homophobic people.  The Bible is nothing more than a book of Fairy Tales in my mind.

The reason why I think Creationism is dumb, is because Matter Cannot be Created or Destroyed.  The Earth took 30 Million Years of Asteroids Smashing into each other to create a planet with the Heavy Elements sinking to the center and the lighter elements went to form the Crust.

The thing about my idea of Earth Forming is that unlike the bible, the 4.5 Billion Year Old Earth actually has evidence with Radioactive Dating and that that Creationism makes absolutely no sense in many people's minds including myself.  Another thing is that it could be possible with future technology to bring back extinct creatures.

The only problem with New Israel is that their Emperor, Markus thinks a work of Iron Age Religious Mythology is a Science Textbook and forces it upon the Education System of the Nation....  *Joke Intended*

I mean Joe Biden personally does not believe in abortion on request, but that doesn't mean he forces his Religious Beliefs on the Public, and no nation should do it either.  I am looking at you Saudi Arabia and the Vatican..... *Joke Intended*

But with all jokes aside, it is safe to say that Creationists are wrong by Evidence, and thank the Scientists for Evidence.  I personally believe that Religion is not needed in the Modern World because it was made to explain why droughts happen, and why famines occur.  We now know it is now something called Climate Change.  Reverting from Science back to Religion will be a stupid idea, because it will create more idiots who will sit around Camp Fires in forests worshiping a Sky Wizard that we don't know if one exists or not.

Now, I believe there is evidence of some things from the Bible that happened. I am too tired to list any right now, but I could in the future. I do believe in both the Bible and the scientific way the universe was created, as I said before (on some thread, maybe this one or not). I don't believe the earth is 6000 years old, as there is plenty of evidence that points to it being a few billion years old. I disagree with your thinking that the Bible is a book of fairy tales, however. Do remember that Markus is a Catholic. I'm a Protestant, along with many other people here. Catholics typically take everything in the Bible literally. I keep my mind open, which I think is what people should do (instead of cramming conversion down other people's throats.) Paolo is a Catholic that believes in theistic evolution, if you'd like to talk to him about this.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
Here's something for you all. Pretty much all human cultures agree that there was a massive flood at some point in their mythology.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

(11 Aug 2016, 21:17:19)NickOfFørvania Wrote: Here's something for you all. Pretty much all human cultures agree that there was a massive flood at some point in their mythology.

I've mentioned this before at some point in time... But flooding in ancient times, and even today, was a massive tragedy, and if the scale was devastating enough it is likely to have been incorporated into a culture's mythology. It also helps that all of these cultures that had flood myths were on large bodies of water, usually rivers that relied on annual rains for irrigation. Also, I'd hate to burst anybody's bubble, but Genisis totally ripped off the Epic of Gilgamesh, written over a thousand years before Noah's story.

Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

(11 Aug 2016, 21:17:19)NickOfFørvania Wrote: Here's something for you all. Pretty much all human cultures agree that there was a massive flood at some point in their mythology.

My favourite story is the ones of Australian Aboriginals. They have a dance and song which goes back thousands of years, lining up perfectly with when scientists discovered Australia was much bigger than it was now, until "the spirits became angry," and flooded them. The fact we only have discovered this rather recently with technology, when the story has been passed down for hundreds of generations, is utterly remarkable.
Simply Communist.
(11 Aug 2016, 21:39:10)DNSgov Wrote: Also, I'd hate to burst anybody's bubble, but Genisis totally ripped off the Epic of Gilgamesh, written over a thousand years before Noah's story.

Oh, goodness no.

Firstly, it does not follow that the Epic of Gilgamesh would have been written a thousand years before Genesis. Moses wrote the book of Genesis in 1400 BC, and the Great Flood happened in 2300 BC. While it is true that the Babylonian civilization developed rather quickly after the flood (c. 2200 BC), the Epic of Gilgamesh was probably written at the same time as Genesis.

Further, what comparisons exist between Genesis and the Epic of Gilgamesh? Of course, there are some similarities. The reason why there are flood legends (you should at least consider) is that there was indeed a flood that covered the entire earth. What is intriguing, however, is that the only logical and plausible flood story is the Book of Genesis.

The Epic of Gilgamesh most laughably suggests that the Ark was a great cube. I recently visited the Ark Encounter attraction in Kentucky (have you heard of this?) and I saw an interesting video clip that showed how such a great cube as described in the Epic of Gilgamesh simply could not safely travel in raging floodwaters. It seems to me, rather, that the Epic of Gilgamesh was written as a counterfeit (or an exaggerated story passed down from generation to generation) meant to be as unique from the Book of Genesis as possible, so as not to admit the truths of the Hebrew (Jewish) faith. The Babylonians being pagan and relatively rational could not deny the occurrence of a flood, for it was documented in their records, but they nevertheless twisted the story, as it were, and whether they did so deliberately or through accident I do not know, and it may never be known.

Nevertheless I would like to know about more comparisons between Genesis and the Epic of Gilgamesh. I am not trying to condescend, you see. Incidentally, I have not read the Epic of Gilgamesh, and I know very little about it. If you have read it, perhaps you could tell me some of the interesting parts? I would be interested in examining the similarities.
Hey? Earth to Mark? I've read the Epic of Gilgamesh. It was written at least two thousand years before Genisis. And also, that's not how the story goes at all. I did my High School Senior Project on the Epic of Gilgamesh, so I know what the heck I'm talking about. Obviously, you don't, because you don't have any experience in this field.Also, Gilgamesh was not a Babylonian myth, it was Summerian, whose civilization is far older than Babylon's.

Sumerian and Babylonian are synonymous in the same way that the Thirteen Colonies are synonymous with the United States.