Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Republic of the Black Robe
The Holy Republic of the Black Robe, in summary, is a Roman Catholic Oligarchic Demarchy where Citizenship is a privilege not a right.

Citizenship in the Holy Republic is unlike most modern nations. Being a citizen requires various strict requirements I will list below:
  • Male
  • Devout Roman Catholic
  • Authoritarian Personality
  • Puritanical Moral Character
  • Single Minded Patriotism
  • Be Skilled in Subversive Politics
Those who are citizens of the Holy Republic have less freedom than those who are mere Residences. But this is balanced out by being the only ones allowed with political participation. This comes from my idea that those who have the privilege of political participation must be a moral and devoted elite. One can lose his citizenship based on any scandal regardless of how small. 

The Word "Black Robe" is a reference to the Black Confirms of the Citizenship, they must wear it as often as possible.

I am familiar with the politics of single party states, especially in the Communist Party of China, and "Game of Thrones" style Monarchies of the past. Having a bunch of Authoritarian minded Fanatics skilled with the words of Machiavelli and Saul Alinsky would cause large amounts of cliques and civil wars. 

But The Holy Republic has a solution to minimize or perhaps completely eliminate infighting, Sortition. Sortition is a method of picking government officials based on lottery. Ancient Republics have done this in the past. Essentially, from the pool of Devoted and Patriotic Citizens would be randomly chosen, with 2 months to one year term limits, to random positions of government. All citizens have a regimented lifestyle that trains them to be officials for the day they may be picked for a position. 

If skill is required for a particular government position, then there would be a a committee picked by Sortition who will hire a professional to manage that specific position (Similar to the Council-Manager System of Government).

The purpose of having an authoritarian personality and subversive political skills as a Citizen of the Holy Republic is to not use them against each other, thanks to Sortition this won't occur, but to use it against the rest of the population and especially other governments. The Holy Republic prides itself on it's subversion. Through any means, we prefer to avoid violence, we would attempt to slowly make opposition religious an ideological beliefs disappear from the country. In foreign affairs, we strive to convert as many people, especially those disadvantaged in their home countries, to the Holy Republic's ideals with promises of power to those who are devoted. Once a population of an area is under our control we use justification of "Self-Determination" to create a separatist movement to split that population way from their home country and expand the Holy Republic. This is one of many subversive plans that can be done. To a Citizen of the Holy Republic, expanding the Holy Republic's borders, money, and removal of religious and political enemies is a sport.

I would Like to stress that I mean no harm to any individual, it is ideas that I am targeting and I always prefer to remove opposition idea slowly and non-violently by making them irrelevant and unknown.

The Head of State and Government of the Holy Republic is the Consul. I am the first Consul and founder of the Holy Republic and I rule for life. Future Consul's are elected, the only elected officials in the Republic. Using Sortition, a random council of 25 is chosen to vote for the future Consul using the Alternative vote method. The Consul holds a large amount of Executive and Legislative power, but anything he does must conform tot he Religious and Ideological mission of the Holy Republic and is easily impeachable for any moral mishaps.

In terms of Economics the Holy Republic is Corporatist, which is not what it sounds like. Corporatism is not a system where corporations control the economy, but a system of class collaboration where all groups in business, labor, etc. are represented in the government to voice their interest and make common ground. The Citizens use their advice for economic policies.

Placeholder Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWtO2QvSAiw
[Image: Chaosundivided.png]

"Reduced to Himself, Man is too Wicked to be Free"
- Joseph de Maistre
Welcome, just when the Holy Empire of New Israel gets banned, a new Holy state arises. I think your nation is really interesting.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
By Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
(13 Sep 2016, 23:47:32)kingbilalirfan Wrote: Welcome, just when the Holy Empire of New Israel gets banned, a new Holy state arises. I think your nation is really interesting.

I was lurking around, why did he get banned? I presume it is because of personal behavior in the thread.

- Joseph de Maistre
Velkommen von Hodiny! PM me if you have any questions!

I'm a Baptist Christian by the way. What state is this located in?
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
(13 Sep 2016, 23:49:22)Duchy of Hodiny Wrote: Velkommen von Hodiny! PM me if you have any questions!

Strange as it may be, California. The hub of all liberalism and technology. Thankfully for me I live near the area where technological opportunity is plentiful for a well paying career.

- Joseph de Maistre
(13 Sep 2016, 23:50:44)Consul Romanicus Wrote:
(13 Sep 2016, 23:49:22)Duchy of Hodiny Wrote: Velkommen von Hodiny! PM me if you have any questions!

Strange as it may be, California. The hub of all liberalism and technology. Thankfully for me I live near the area where technological opportunity is plentiful for a well paying career.

Ok then. I think Zenrax has a territory in California. 

I'm in Illinois. I responded to the Markus question in your intro thread.

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
It's at that point where I don't know if this is a Markus account or not. Tbh the flag instantly tells me that this guy put more effort into the flag than Markus puts into all New Israel (polemical rants aside).

I'm inclined to believe this chap is a new fellow indeed, and knows his stuff too, nice to hear a man talk about corporatism!
Welcome to the forums chap, hope you enjoy the place.
His Lordship Richard I, by the Grace of God, Lord Spiritual of Mercia, Lord of Clyro, Heir to the Würtige Throne, Lord High Admiral of the Tsardom of Nolland, General of the Nollandish Army, Companion of Honour of the Tsardom of Nolland, Commander of the Order of Colour of McCarthia, Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Sealand, Member of the Most Honourable Order of the Throne of Sandus, Knight of the Order of Adammia, OGC, CF.
(13 Sep 2016, 23:53:42)HL Richard I Wrote: It's at that point where I don't know if this is a Markus account or not. Tbh the flag instantly tells me that this guy put more effort into the flag than Markus puts into all New Israel (polemical rants aside).

I'm inclined to believe this chap is a new fellow indeed, and knows his stuff too, nice to hear a man talk about corporatism!

Thank you for the warm welcome, what is the overall status update on the beliefs of the people in this forum. Which ideology is dominate and which is the minority etc.?

- Joseph de Maistre
I don't think it appropriate for me to go beyond "broke rules too many times," and "temporary ban". I can however freely say that after a quick check this "Black Robe" fellow does not appear to share an IP address with anyone, so nobody need worry about that.

All the same, welcome to the community :)

Islam if I understand right is a minority, along with Judaism and Confucianism, though Christianity is neck and neck with atheists and agnostics. Word to the wise, if someone asks you not to involve religion in an unrelated thread, it's best for everyone involved to respect the request ;) We've had some prior.. "difficulties" with that in the past.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(13 Sep 2016, 23:59:30)Consul Romanicus Wrote:
(13 Sep 2016, 23:53:42)HL Richard I Wrote: It's at that point where I don't know if this is a Markus account or not. Tbh the flag instantly tells me that this guy put more effort into the flag than Markus puts into all New Israel (polemical rants aside).

Thank you for the warm welcome, what is the overall status update on the beliefs of the people in this forum. Which ideology is dominate and which is the minority etc.?

Christianity and atheism are the top religions. There is a Muslim on here (Bilal) and there are some agnostics too. I'd say Protestant Christianity is top, with Catholicism in second.