Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KU Membership
If you are interested in becoming a Member State of the Kermadec Union, please review our Charter. Your potential to become a Member State will be based upon the list provided in IV.2.A. All requests must be formally written and presented before the Union here. The Union holds the right to approve or deny any proposal based upon its interpretation of IV.2.A.
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-),
Founder and Provisional Leader of San Dover (2019-)

Co-founder and Former President of the Republic of Drew Star Line (2005; 2006, 2007-2017)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox, Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor.

"Their leadership has renounced citizenship in their home macronation." This is going to be a difficult one to satisfy, especially as you go on to mention the land-claims 10 years in advance - what if they are only going to renounce citizenship of their home country once they have the land? You want them to be macro-stateless throughout this period?
I feel IV.2.A is far too subjective to be satisfied consistently (as in, if your leadership was to change, a country might be accepted/rejected through a personal whim).
Simply Communist.
(16 Sep 2016, 21:32:23)phunanon Wrote: "Their leadership has renounced citizenship in their home macronation." This is going to be a difficult one to satisfy, especially as you go on to mention the land-claims 10 years in advance - what if they are only going to renounce citizenship of their home country once they have the land? You want them to be macro-stateless throughout this period?
I feel IV.2.A is far too subjective to be satisfied consistently (as in, if your leadership was to change, a country might be accepted/rejected through a personal whim).

I thought renouncing of citizenship in the host nation came after macronationality. If not, we should change that to after macronationality.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
(16 Sep 2016, 21:37:00)Duchy of Hodiny Wrote: I thought renouncing of citizenship in the host nation came after macronationality. If not, we should change that to after macronationality.

Not true. I have renounced my American citizenship, and yet my claims are still far removed from my control. But I do have concise and defined plans to control those claims in the next 10 years. The purpose of seeing the leadership of a micronation renounce their citizenship is so we can evaluate how serious they are at becoming a macronation, which this Union sponsors. It's not very hard, and for nearly everybody (like me, for instance) your renunciation is commonly ignored by your home macronation. Heck, I have an American drivers license, I'm a registered voter, and I'm signed up for the draft... and yet I don't consider myself an American. It's more a test of your resolve than an actual necessity.

Co-founder and Former President of the Republic of Drew Star Line (2005; 2006, 2007-2017)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox, Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor.

That being said, please do not post on this thread unless you are submitting your application to the KU. If you have a question regarding the Charter and/or other KU related topics, please use this thread. Giitu!

I am interested in joining this Union. Please message me on any information needed when you can. Thank you.
King K l of the Kingdom of Veqlar

General of the Veqlin Army

I ratify the charter.The Farrar Republic wishes to join the union.
The Right Honourable Minister of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs of the Abelden Empire.

(20 Dec 2016, 17:09:36)farrare Wrote: I ratify the charter.The Farrar Republic wishes to join the union.

Your request has been forwarded to the KU. We may contact you for information regarding your conformance to IV.2.A.