Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Presidency?
I was surprised... I fully expected a Clinton victory and was preparing myself for that terrible concept. I disagreed with much of what Trump had to say and some of his positions on issues (certainly not all of them) but was horrified at the prospect of a Clinton presidency.

All in all, even though I'm not a fan of the man personally, I believe that he could make a good president. He is an excellent business man, and a big part of that, just as with being the leader of a free country, is surrounding yourself with good people who can get the job done. Trump, I believe, will do just that. He has no political history, so no one he owes political favors to. He will go across party lines to pick the best person for the position, and fill his cabinet with true patriots and professionals rather than political appointees or hacks. His foreign relations will be influenced by what is best for America - which, after all, is the bottom line in the "business" of running a country. He will increase shareholder value, where the shareholders are American Citizens.

I have high hopes for this nation.

The land of the Free, because of the Brave.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
(9 Nov 2016, 18:00:07)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: I was surprised... I fully expected a Clinton victory and was preparing myself for that terrible concept. I disagreed with much of what Trump had to say and some of his positions on issues (certainly not all of them) but was horrified at the prospect of a Clinton presidency.

All in all, even though I'm not a fan of the man personally, I believe that he could make a good president. He is an excellent business man, and a big part of that, just as with being the leader of a free country, is surrounding yourself with good people who can get the job done. Trump, I believe, will do just that. He has no political history, so no one he owes political favors to. He will go across party lines to pick the best person for the position, and fill his cabinet with true patriots and professionals rather than political appointees or hacks. His foreign relations will be influenced by what is best for America - which, after all, is the bottom line in the "business" of running a country. He will increase shareholder value, where the shareholders are American Citizens.

This is exactly my views, though I was a Gary supporter.
Half of my country want him to be basically assassinated, and "fear for their life" and are "moving to Canada".
The other half are Trump supporters.
HM King Max I
Kingdom of Jupiter and Greater Territories.
Quote:I just don't care, I respect who you are if you respect who I am. 
Kingdomjupiter.weebly.com 
(9 Nov 2016, 11:29:36)phunanon Wrote:
(9 Nov 2016, 11:11:05)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote: Smithville has decided to cut all ties with the United States when we heard that Donald Trump won.  We are now going to be more aligned with the Peoples' Republic of China and the Russian Federation.....

So you're going to alienate +300 million people just because they voted for a certain president, which they were shoehorned into the decision of?
No, we just cut ties completely....  Also Hillary won the Popular Vote by 200,000 Votes...
Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
where I followed the election, the map shows there are still several states that haven't counted all the votes yet, one state in particular suggests they're only around 65% done. Still plenty of time for her to lose the popular vote and the electoral vote. Besides, there were voting machines that were switching Trump votes to become Clinton votes instead in several states
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(9 Nov 2016, 22:19:37)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote:
(9 Nov 2016, 11:11:05)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote: Smithville has decided to cut all ties with the United States when we heard that Donald Trump won.  We are now going to be more aligned with the Peoples' Republic of China and the Russian Federation.....

So you're going to alienate +300 million people just because they voted for a certain president, which they were shoehorned into the decision of?
No, we just cut ties completely....  Also Hillary won the Popular Vote by 200,000 Votes...

You say that like 200k votes is a lot. its not... coming from a field of around 125 million votes being cast (including those for Johnson and Stein), that comes out to around a tenth of a percent... around .0016 actually... which statistically speaking is so insignificant that it is legitimately non-existent. Last I heard, more than 5 million people voted for Gary Johnson, which would have come almost completely from the republican camp... also remember that 15,000 people wrote in a vote for Hamarabe. We live in a Republic, not a direct democracy, and I thank God for it.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
(9 Nov 2016, 22:23:12)Tjorvi Wrote: where I followed the election, the map shows there are still several states that haven't counted all the votes yet, one state in particular suggests they're only around 65% done. Still plenty of time for her to lose the popular vote and the electoral vote. Besides, there were voting machines that were switching Trump votes to become Clinton votes instead in several states

Not really, because when vote-counting/reporting is over 50% you statistically have the largest and most representative sample, and as such it is highly unlikely for results to be different when you reach 100%
[Image: 9768554.png]
Siwa Sopako Wogo Sani-Hong Kunoku
Manu ku awaso yo Tongowa Manuka hehe yoma tise.

If a post doesn't have a question mark, it isn't a question.
If it isn't a question, I'm not asking you anything, I'm telling you.
(9 Nov 2016, 22:34:36)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote:
(9 Nov 2016, 22:19:37)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote:

You say that like 200k votes is a lot. its not... coming from a field of around 125 million votes being cast (including those for Johnson and Stein), that comes out to around a tenth of a percent... around .0016 actually... which statistically speaking is so insignificant that it is legitimately non-existent. Last I heard, more than 5 million people voted for Gary Johnson, which would have come almost completely from the republican camp... also remember that 15,000 people wrote in a vote for Hamarabe. We live in a Republic, not a direct democracy, and I thank God for it.

Smithville, good luck cutting ties with the US, especially when you claim a major US population center as a part of your micronation.

Ser John, Libertarians don't come almost completely from the Republican camp. There was actually a program that matched up would-be Republican voters with would-be Democrat voters to ensure this.

Also, we do live in a Republic, but I think our current electoral system needs to be modified. It doesn't sit well with me that some people's votes are worth much more than others or that a candidate can technically win with only 22% of the popular vote, not to mention the "winner take all" system that precludes the success of third parties.
Supporter of memes that don't exist.
You do not change huge things like our voting system from the last 239 years on short notice just because you don't like it.

It's gotten to the point where it isn't "progressivism". These people are purging/cleansing, and getting rid of as much of the identity if the United States as possible.

There are college students who do not know the difference between patriotism and fascism.
[Image: 9768554.png]
Siwa Sopako Wogo Sani-Hong Kunoku
Manu ku awaso yo Tongowa Manuka hehe yoma tise.

If a post doesn't have a question mark, it isn't a question.
If it isn't a question, I'm not asking you anything, I'm telling you.
(10 Nov 2016, 16:38:54)kingjohnthefirst Wrote:
(9 Nov 2016, 22:23:12)Tjorvi Wrote: where I followed the election, the map shows there are still several states that haven't counted all the votes yet, one state in particular suggests they're only around 65% done. Still plenty of time for her to lose the popular vote and the electoral vote. Besides, there were voting machines that were switching Trump votes to become Clinton votes instead in several states

Not really, because when vote-counting/reporting is over 50% you statistically have the largest and most representative sample, and as such it is highly unlikely for results to be different when you reach 100%

I was referring to the individual vote count, not the percentage rates. So, if a state still had ~65% of the vote counted, then the above mentioned 200,000 vote difference very well might dwindle
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
Well since Clinton won the popular vote with 60,122,876 over Trumps with only 59,821,874 showing that the American people wanted Clinton to win. Now, the elector could vote for Clinton on December 19th since he won that part but I don't know what they will do.
 Joshua W. Bates
President of the Etruscan Federation