Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Death of Fidel Castro
As a man, he was brave, intelligent, dedicated, charismatic, and valiant. He was an inspirational leader who overthrew a legitimately corrupt regime... He was also a brutal tyrant and dictator who murdered thousands of innocents and forced his people into perpetual poverty and oppression. There is a reason that there are celebrations in Miami this morning, and to this day people are still trying to flee Cuba.

One of my military friends posted on Facebook this morning "At last, Fidel Castro is a good communist... a dead one." Though to be fair, as much as I despise communism, there are a lot of good communists out there who are good people... if, however, misguided and naïve. They are also not murders, tyrants, torturers, thieves, and oppressors, like Fidel Castro was.

I do, however, find it fitting that he died on Black Friday - the most capitalist day of the year. He and Ernesto "Che" Gueverra ought to get a good laugh about that in whatever afterworld communists go to (since, ya know, they don't believe in religion and they torture and execute priests) - ole' Ernie, however, was a far more despicable human being that Castro ever was, and he was murdered by his own men for being such a douche. Sounds like a great guy to put on a T-Shirt.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
I cannot believe the responses this thread is getting. I'm sure if there was a dictator like him, here in this U.S, all of you would have different responses! 
 He was a ruthless dictator and tyrant and I celebrated with joy when he passed away. Please do more research. 

Cuba sera libre un dia! Viva la libertad!
(27 Nov 2016, 02:02:40)Balmex Wrote: I cannot believe the responses this thread is getting. I'm sure if there was a dictator like him, here in this U.S, all of you would have different responses! 
 He was a ruthless dictator and tyrant and I celebrated with joy when he passed away. Please do more research. 

Cuba sera libre un dia! Viva la libertad!

Ummm... please see above. And don't use absolutes like "All of you" without actually meaning "All of you" because while there are some naïve and misguided communists on this page who might mourn the passing of a despicable human being, there are others, like myself, who are smoking a cigar and drinking a Cuba Libre in celebration.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Social democrat here, and I am not sad Fidel Castro died. I will not mourn the death of a former Dictator, no matter what country they happen to hail from.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o