Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LGBT+
*looks to the left*

*looks to the right*

Can I let you in on a secret?

I feel more comfortable talking about plenty of things with the Internet than with real life people, and one of those things is the whole rainbow of sexuality.

Being on it myself, I acknowledge that it's kind of hard to have solid conversations about it. That's why I made this thread.

To talk about it.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

I can definitively say that the only rainbow I have ever been on was the Rainbow Road from Mario Kart. Sorry.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
That's one rainbow I'm fine with you being against :P
Nick Fredriksson

(20 Mar 2017, 01:30:58)Nick F. Toaster Wrote: That's one rainbow I'm fine with you being against :P

I hated that rainbow.

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
I'm not entirely certain what Shamus is talking about, having never played Mario Kart...

But anyway, Nick, did you just want to talk about it? Does the conversation have any beginning direction, or is just any comment on the subject accepted?

Any general comment. I'm certain I'm not the only one here, and it's good to have people to talk to about it, so it's sort of a support group. We can help out with relevant legislation, and discuss how homophobic the Australian government is.
Nick Fredriksson

Oh, well then, if this is for people who identify as any of those letters (I identify as a person myself, not a letter), then I'll take my leave.

It sucks at first, and then it doesn't so much. Every LGBT person's experience with their identity and how freely they talk about it with others is different, but it largely depends on luck. Where you're born, where you live, how open-minded your family and friends are, the kind of school you go to, all that stuff. There are exceptions to the rule everywhere; I'm sure there must be a couple of very liberal families who support their queer kids in Saudi Arabia or Somalia, as I'm aware there are very close-minded and homo/bi/transphobic in Iceland, Sweden or Canada.

I was lucky to be born into a super open-minded family who have never judged me for being myself. I was also lucky to attend schools were I was never bullied and where I could meet amazing friends who were always supportive of my being gay. I recently moved from the mostly conservative Venezuela to progressive Argentina, and it's also been pretty great living in a progressive and diverse society where no one could care less who you love or who you have sex with or how you dress or identify, sexually or gender-wise.
[Image: tumblr_inline_np5kqjWSLx1ss4nfu_540.png]
Tarik of Karjasari, by the Will of his People, King of Sabia and Verona
King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra
While I identify as straight, I don't understand for the life of me why it matters to other people how you identify as a person, whether you like men, women, or both. Honestly, what does it matter?

(20 Mar 2017, 03:16:22)Tjorvi Wrote: While I identify as straight, I don't understand for the life of me why it matters to other people how you identify as a person, whether you like men, women, or both. Honestly, what does it matter?

Why does it matter? Well, If you're not aware, It's a civil right to be openly homosexual nowadays. Back then, It was unheard of to be homosexual. And in some countries today, they'll kill you if you're a homosexual. Homosexuality and the LGBTQ community is a strong topic nowadays. Even though I'm not a strong supporter of the LGBTQ community because I believe in protecting family values just like any conservative would, I must say that It defiantly matters. It's just got a bad rep and happens to be praised by the left-wing heathens.
[Image: Coat_of_Arms_of_the_House_of_Daniels.png]
Edward Daniels
Micronationalist statesman and politician