Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm 5ft7, do you think I can still lead?
We all know the powerful leaders in the macronational world are men who are on the taller side. But I'm a man that is 5ft7, a little short, I don't see it as a huge, huge deal though. I think we prefer taller leaders from an evolutionary perspective.

Even though my micronation which is part-time, is right now simulationist, if I wanted to secede in the future, who's going to take me seriously? It's not an important goal, but it's somewhere on my bucket list.
As long as you're charismatic and all that other stuff people want in a leader, you should do fine.

I've read that Benito Mussolini was 5'7 and he became a leader. There's arguments that Hitler was "nearly" 5'8 and it's said Stalin was "no more" than 5'6, so it all depends on you
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(23 Mar 2017, 18:59:13)SoD Woods Wrote: As long as you're charismatic and all that other stuff people want in a leader, you should do fine.

Charisma is another thing. I don't really have natural charisma. In fact, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which is a sort of Autism. I think I was in 4th grade at the time.

I just don't know if or how to create such charisma. I don't plan on leading an existing macronation, even though I might find political activism appealing.
Vlad Putin is 5'7" and he seems to be doing pretty okay in the whole leading thing.
[Image: tumblr_inline_np5kqjWSLx1ss4nfu_540.png]
Tarik of Karjasari, by the Will of his People, King of Sabia and Verona
King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra
Of course you can. Napoleon was not a big man (though neither was he quasi midget that British and German propaganda of the early 19th century made him out to be. He was around 5'6) and he conquered nearly all of Europe. His soldiers worshiped him. Even after he was defeated and exiled to Elba, all he had to do was set foot in France once again and the entire country went up in arms to support him (and then... Waterloo.)

Charisma is not always something you are born with, and just like leadership, it can be taught. I would suggest doing everything you can to get out of your comfort zone. Learn to love the fight, to experience the thrill of competition, and know the absolute euphoria of victory. It will drive you. Trust me. Start off small, sports, of course (try something individualized, but that favors smaller guys, like tack, or has weight classes like boxing or wrestling), but also things like debate team, trivia competitions, mock trials, etc. Look into leadership training programs. I am not sure about your age, but JROTC or Cadet Corps programs are very good in this regard, and they teach you to follow, first - which is a requirement of a good leader.

Leadership training and development is something that I have a lot of experience in, and if you are looking to develop some of these skills, I would be more than happy to offer advice and assistance.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
if you're trying to turn a political simulation into a secessionist movement and become a world leader, that'll probably affect your ability to be taken seriously more than your height ever would
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
To back off of the Thiegn's comment, a good thing to try is Model UN. It is a good competition, you can learn charisma, and practice diplomacy.
HM King Max I
Kingdom of Jupiter and Greater Territories.
Quote:I just don't care, I respect who you are if you respect who I am. 
Kingdomjupiter.weebly.com 
I didn't take any of that stuff in high school it's probably too late now.
It exists for adults:
http://www.unausa.org/calendar/event/2nd...t-model-un
HM King Max I
Kingdom of Jupiter and Greater Territories.
Quote:I just don't care, I respect who you are if you respect who I am. 
Kingdomjupiter.weebly.com