Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band
[Image: SMOCFlagLarge.png]

The Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band
The Sovereign Order is a Micronation established to protect and further the goals of Urning (as described by Ulrichs) and promote same-sex ideals. The intention is to become a Micronation with links worldwide, in bringing together Urning for common unity and purpose. We derive our name from the Sacred Band of Thebes.

Our Mission
We pledge the protection of same-sex love, and the right to have as much. We will not waiver from preservation of the Uranian community as described by Ulrichs, and seek to oppose those who's views or beliefs may conflict with the wellbeing of the community. We seek the advancement of the Uranian, and to aid all Urning who suffer at the hands of others.  

Government
We operate on a tiered system of Government:
  • At the top, the Prince, elected once every 8 years. He is nominated by the Stratigos, and voted for by all citizens. He will propose new decrees, and amendments to existing decrees.
  • The Grand Council, which consists of all elected Stratigos (Commander). They will vote on, and amend, proposed decrees, and oversee their regional branches. They are elected once every 3 years, and are nominated by the Lokhagos, and voted for by all citizens.
  • The Lokhagos (Captain), who run local branches of the Order. Nominated and Elected once every 2 years by Hoplite, they will appoint an Archon (Vice-Captain) who will support them in their role, as well as an Apodektai (Treasurer) who will oversee finances at a branch level.
  • Hoplite (Citizen) is the most basic rank of the Order, as the common citizen. They may nominate Lokhagos once every 2 years.
  • Eupatride (Noble) is an honourary title rewarded by the Grand Council to Urning outside of the Order, as honourary citizenship. They have no nomination powers, but may vote.
  • Mystai (Initiate) are pre-Citizens, nominated and seconded by existing Citizens. They must pass a Citizenship Order in order to become Hoplite, and hold no powers.
I, myself, am Prince George I, the first Prince, and founder of, the Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band, formed in 2017. As of this moment in time, I constitute the only Citizen, but I hope to increase this significantly. Our official language is English.

As of this moment in time, the Sovereign Order occupies a single 2m * 4m room within South Essex (specifically, the bedroom of the founder :P), but seeks to expand its territorial claims in future.
Our micronation is an attempt to create a micronation which does not need vast swathes of land to be successful, but can bring people together to achieve common goal and common good. As a result, the strength of our micronaiton lies in community and unity. Through this forum, I hope to receive recognition from other Micronations, enter diplomatic relations with other micronations, and grow our citizenship numbers.

Existing Decrees
Decree 001: Decree on Finance
Decree 001: On the Powers of Council

Micronations Diplomatically Recognised by the Sovereign Order

Existing Branches
Essex

Our Values
  • Tolerance and understanding of Urning, and the Uranian Peoples
  • The Union of Uraninan peoples against common threat for greater good
  • Promote the advancement of the Uranian cause and mission
Posts made by His Excellency, Prince George, of the Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band.
[Image: BannerOfThePrince.png]
Apo agapi erchetai timi
"From Love Comes Honour"
one question, what is the meaning of "λ" in the flag?
--------------------------------
Ad astra per aspera, through hardships to the stars

STL Ernst / ASRN Rocket builder

https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Aphelia_S...rch_Nation
(13 May 2017, 13:49:43)Kounotori Wrote: one question, what is the meaning of "λ" in the flag?

Lambda is the international symbol of Gay Rights as of the 1974 decision by the Gay Rights Congress. A scientific symbol of the exchange of power, combined with its greek origin makes it incredibly fitting as the symbol of our nation.
Posts made by His Excellency, Prince George, of the Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band.
Apo agapi erchetai timi
"From Love Comes Honour"
Welcome!
(I have never seen any gay micronations on these forums).
Thomas Larson
Micronationalist

(13 May 2017, 14:33:45)ThomasLarson Wrote: Welcome!

Thank you! I believe this is true also, and cite it as such on the wiki page :P however, I'm not very talented in understanding how to build a wiki article, and as such it is verryyy basic
Apo agapi erchetai timi
"From Love Comes Honour"
(13 May 2017, 14:41:49)SovereignOrder Wrote:
(13 May 2017, 14:33:45)ThomasLarson Wrote: Welcome!

Thank you! I believe this is true also, and cite it as such on the wiki page :P however, I'm not very talented in understanding how to build a wiki article, and as such it is verryyy basic
While I can't help you with a wiki page, there are many other willing people that will definitely help you
Thomas Larson
Micronationalist

Welcome to the community, but I must let you know that I am against same-sex ideals and the LGBTQ community. In the Holy Bible in which our nation holds dearly to our hearts and souls, the Bible says that you mustn't marry with someone of the same sex that you are. 

Quote:Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

However, the Bible also teaches us to be respectful and love everyone. Therefore, I will not dishonor your nation, but I would like to let you know my stance on homosexuality in the community.
[Image: Coat_of_Arms_of_the_House_of_Daniels.png]
Edward Daniels
Micronationalist statesman and politician
well, λ have many meaning in science and not just exchange of power :P

I'd like to state it here that Space Port is support LGBTQ+ right, same sex marriage and anti discrimination. No matter what is your belief, when you are talking to people or staying in Space Port territory, you have to respect each others as a person, a homo sapiens, that have same right as you.
--------------------------------
Ad astra per aspera, through hardships to the stars

STL Ernst / ASRN Rocket builder

https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Aphelia_S...rch_Nation
I could care less whether you're gay, straight, bi, or an apache attack helicopter. Welcome to the community, and to micronationalism nonetheless :)
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
Welcome! Do you have an economic policy (Capitalism, Communism)?
HM King Max I
Kingdom of Jupiter and Greater Territories.
Quote:I just don't care, I respect who you are if you respect who I am. 
Kingdomjupiter.weebly.com