Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band
Welcome to the weird, wonderful world of micronations! It's nice to see a nation dedicated to the support of the LGBTQ+ community.

Engineer ~ Businessman ~ Progressive

Editor of the Quo Times

I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me. - Joshua Graham
How Peculiar, there are now Two Sovereign Orders, or something similar, with entirely contradictory purposes.
[Image: Chaosundivided.png]

"Reduced to Himself, Man is too Wicked to be Free"
- Joseph de Maistre
(13 May 2017, 17:57:17)MaxofJupiter Wrote: Welcome! Do you have an economic policy (Capitalism, Communism)?

As of this moment, Capitalism is the most suitable policy for our needs and aims. This is subject to change if circumstances also change. The Decree on Finance establishes the Lavender Dollar (L$) as our national currency, taking it from a form of backhand-slang to an official monetary system.
Posts made by His Excellency, Prince George, of the Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band.
[Image: BannerOfThePrince.png]
Apo agapi erchetai timi
"From Love Comes Honour"
Hey. Good on you for your ideals.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

Welcome! I, personally, am also against those ideas, but I will help you as I can. Why such a heavy Greek influence? Did it all stem from the lambda?

Welcome!
I respect all religions, beliefs and ideas and if you have some questions just ask.
My email: niksa.dimitris@gmail.com

My website

Dimitrije G.

(15 May 2017, 02:40:16)SoD Woods Wrote: Welcome! I, personally, am also against those ideas, but I will help you as I can. Why such a heavy Greek influence? Did it all stem from the lambda?

I believe that he is basing it on the Sacred Band of Thebes, which was an elite military unit in ancient Greece made up entirely of homosexuals. The theory, at least, was that if you are fighting alongside your lover, or husband, then you would never give up ground due to a desire to defend him, and to not appear to be a coward in his eyes. They were often placed in difficult military positions on the line in the idea that they would reliably never break. The effectiveness of this strategy seems somewhat sporadic, and in practice they were used more or less as any other Phalanx. They were extremely effective at the Battle of Leuctra, though with heavy casualties, but then were completely annihilated at the battle of Chaeronea.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
(15 May 2017, 15:14:32)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote:
(15 May 2017, 02:40:16)SoD Woods Wrote: Welcome! I, personally, am also against those ideas, but I will help you as I can. Why such a heavy Greek influence? Did it all stem from the lambda?

I believe that he is basing it on the Sacred Band of Thebes, which was an elite military unit in ancient Greece made up entirely of homosexuals. The theory, at least, was that if you are fighting alongside your lover, or husband, then you would never give up ground due to a desire to defend him, and to not appear to be a coward in his eyes. They were often placed in difficult military positions on the line in the idea that they would reliably never break. The effectiveness of this strategy seems somewhat sporadic, and in practice they were used more or less as any other Phalanx. They were extremely effective at the Battle of Leuctra, though with heavy casualties, but then were completely annihilated at the battle of Chaeronea.

Precisely this. As a result, the Lambda seemed a fitting symbol, keeping in theme.
Posts made by His Excellency, Prince George, of the Sovereign Order of the Sacred Band.
[Image: BannerOfThePrince.png]
Apo agapi erchetai timi
"From Love Comes Honour"
The Greek letter " λ " which is used as a symbol for "wavelength." A lambda is a particular frequency of light, and the term is widely used in optical networking. Sending "multiple lambdas" down a fiber is the same as sending "multiple frequencies" or "multiple colors."
--------------------------------
Ad astra per aspera, through hardships to the stars

STL Ernst / ASRN Rocket builder

https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Aphelia_S...rch_Nation
(15 May 2017, 15:14:32)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote:

Side note: as sweet as that is, were I in this situation, I assure you I would do nothing to impress anyone.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania