Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK General election
(27 May 2017, 17:33:25)Johannes Andreassuun Wrote: The I Side With quiz gave me 70% Conservative, 55% UKIP, 39% DUP. (Edit: I just logged in again and though my responses are the same, my results have changed: 74% DUP, 68% Conservative, 65% UKIP)

Which is no surprise. I broadly agree with the Conservatives at least on their economic policies and I voted to leave the EU, but I am much more socially conservative than recent Conservative cabinets (more in line with the Northern Irish DUP whom I can't vote for - like me, they are against same-sex marriage and abortion, for example).

Ye gods I cannot stand the DUP. They inflicted arrogance and self-centredness on Northern Ireland before it became fashionable.
State of Greater Ridd
Dafydd S. Jones
As far as I know, I despise Corbyn & the Labour Party, and want to keep Jeremy Corbyn as far away from the Prime Ministership as I can. The main reason is because I don't want a Marxist as Prime Minister of Britain.
Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
Why do you always despise every politician you don't like? That can't be a fun way to live. Just disagree, heck, disagree strongly, but politics is already in an antagonistic enough state and we don't need any more contempt.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
Well folks, the UK election is tomorrow! Who will win? What are your predictions? Please let me know.
[Image: Coat_of_Arms_of_the_House_of_Daniels.png]
Edward Daniels
Micronationalist statesman and politician
I'm calling the Tories getting a 7% margin over Labour
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
(7 Jun 2017, 21:22:45)Edward Wrote: Who will win?

"Win" is a strong word to use in these circumstances. The Conservatives should end up in first, but it is going to be below what they were hoping for and will probably end up contradicting the reason they called the election in the first place. Labour is going to clock in better than the Conservatives hoped going into the election season, but it won't be a win for them. Most of the other parties will be losers, most significantly UKIP who will most likely fall out of whatever significant they have left. In other words, I place my bets on the Conservatives taking the plurality, but calling it a victory is a step too far for me.
[Image: 598px-Esseseal.png]
Henry Clémens
Count of Siñbaša, Marquis of New Keutschen, former Lord of the Commonwealth
OAO SEO SAV GKIS KOP KSR CUR OIF KOC MOT KOS CSB CRL COG
Former Lord of the Essian Commonwealth, former Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational, Founder and former President of the Federated States of America

(8 Jun 2017, 01:25:18)frix Wrote: I'm calling the Tories getting a 7% margin over Labour

ahahhahahahahahahhahahahaahgahagaha
I predicted a hung parliament... 0_0
[Image: Coat_of_Arms_of_the_House_of_Daniels.png]
Edward Daniels
Micronationalist statesman and politician
Well, Tory-DUP coalition, quite interesting. 
What I am really happy for however, is the utter devastation of the SNP. the loss of 21 seats, including their Westminster leader being unseated! Absolutely fantastic.
       [Image: Personal_CoA_of_Patrick_I.png]          
H.I.M  Patrick I, Emperor of Paravia,
King of Hoppalobindia,
 King Of Demirelia,
Vorsitzender of the Abeldane Empire,
Former Emperor of Nedland,
  Former Prime minister of Alenshka,
  And former Acting Premier of DRCC

For folk og Rike
So, despite being a self avowed monarchist and anglophile, and being fairly well versed in politics... what the hell just happened? Could someone, preferably someone in the UK, please explain the British general election and how that is going to affect us all internationally? Thanks.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell