Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Idea of Preemptive Self-Defense
Fellow Micronationalist I have a question for all of you, what is your opinion on the idea of "Preemptive Self-Defense"? Let us forget about the laws in your Macronation about this and focus on your opinion alone. The idea of Preemptive Self-Defense is that one can use the force normally done in self-defense before a potential aggressor does something because of the belief that the potential aggressor will attack you.

Examples:
  • If a person threatens to kill me and my family it is my moral duty to kill said person just to protect myself and my loved ones.
  • If a group of people proclaim their desire to destroy my Micronation I have a duty to my fellow citizens to declare war an destroy everyone in this hostile group before they attack.
  • Since I am a Micronational Head of State I have the right to issue arrest or death warrants to anyone who have a desire to act in opposition to my Micronation.
These examples seem a bit extreme but that is the basic logic of preemptive self-defense, especially in preemptive wars. Preemptive wars involve throw the entire country in a war due to the belief a potentially hostile state will act.
[Image: Chaosundivided.png]

"Reduced to Himself, Man is too Wicked to be Free"
- Joseph de Maistre
(19 Jun 2017, 22:50:49)Romanicus Wrote: Fellow Micronationalist I have a question for all of you, what is your opinion on the idea of "Preemptive Self-Defense"? Let us forget about the laws in your Macronation about this and focus on your opinion alone. The idea of Preemptive Self-Defense is that one can use the force normally done in self-defense before a potential aggressor does something because of the belief that the potential aggressor will attack you.

Examples:
  • If a person threatens to kill me and my family it is my moral duty to kill said person just to protect myself and my loved ones.
  • If a group of people proclaim their desire to destroy my Micronation I have a duty to my fellow citizens to declare war an destroy everyone in this hostile group before they attack.
  • Since I am a Micronational Head of State I have the right to issue arrest or death warrants to anyone who have a desire to act in opposition to my Micronation.
These examples seem a bit extreme but that is the basic logic of preemptive self-defense, especially in preemptive wars. Preemptive wars involve throw the entire country in a war due to the belief a potentially hostile state will act.
You speak the truth.
Thomas Larson
Micronationalist

Especially the part about those examples being extreme. Just to clarify, are we talking about individual preemptive self-defense, or nationwide preemptive self-defense?

(19 Jun 2017, 23:51:48)SoD Woods Wrote: Especially the part about those examples being extreme. Just to clarify, are we talking about individual preemptive self-defense, or nationwide preemptive self-defense?

Let's say, both

- Joseph de Maistre
(19 Jun 2017, 22:50:49)Romanicus Wrote: If a person threatens to kill me and my family it is my moral duty to kill said person just to protect myself and my loved ones.

this comes with "if I can't call the police first" presupposed right
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
(20 Jun 2017, 00:32:10)frix Wrote: this comes with "if I can't call the police first" presupposed right

Yeah, also the presupposition that the police won't do anything about it for some reason.

- Joseph de Maistre
okay I'd amend "kill" to "incapacitate but that probably means kill anyway" but other than that you're cool
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz