Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canadian becomes king of tribe in Ghana
Pretty cool article I just read about a Canadian gardener who's uncle died and left him as heir to the leadership of a tribe in Ghana. I think that this has micronational implications considering the size of his kingdom (6000 people) and their semi-autonomous, traditional monarchy. It is also telling that he has decided to remain in Canada and start a fund in order to help supply his people with needed items and assist with their condition. Very admirable of a ruler to try and help his people out rather than exploit them for personal gain. I really like stories like this, and especially with my interest in extra-national societies and how I could easily see something like this happening with a Scottish clan or a German or Italian dynastic house.

The King has Returned! ...to his Gardening job

Thoughts?
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Moved to Humanities.
[Image: 598px-Esseseal.png]
Henry Clément
Count of Siñbaša, Marquis of New Keutschen, former Lord of the Commonwealth
OAO SEO SAV GKIS KOP KSR CUR OIF KOC MOT KOS CSB CRL COG
Former Lord of the Essian Commonwealth, former Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational, Founder and former President of the Federated States of America, MicroWiki site administrator, Austenasian Consul in Texas

(28 Jun 2017, 18:13:00)Thomas Merrell Wrote: This is pretty cool! It's good to see leaders in this day and age whose first and only concern is for those they have assumed the responsibilities and duties of looking after. There is no doubt in my mind that this tribe will see much better times in the future because of their new chief's dedication and selflessness.

Exactly. I am even tempted to donate to his fund, just because I am inspired to see one man working to help his people. He is assuming responsibility rather than shirking it, and that is incredibly admirable. Too often in modern times do the nobility forget what it actually means to be noble.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
This man is one of the best leaders that I have heard of. I am quite happy to see that people in this world still have the heart in them to help people out for a greater good.

Engineer ~ Businessman ~ Progressive

Editor of the Quo Times

I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me. - Joshua Graham