Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Church of the Shiny Ball
In the botanical gardens in the town of Ballarat, there is a round shiny ball atop a pedestal, and the pedestal is surrounded by a small pool of water. According to the plaque at the bottom of the pedestal, it was placed there on October 21, 1938 by the Protestant Alliance Friendly Society, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of Ballarat.

I saw the shiny ball itself yesterday, and it inspired me. It touched me in a way I've rarely been touched before. This ball is special, this ball is magnificent, and the ball is the cornerstone of my new religion, called simply The Church of the Shiny Ball.

More information is incoming, but for now, bask in the glory of the Shiny Ball (photo courtesy of the Ballarat Courier):

[Image: r0_55_4928_3023_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

Hmm, interesting. I hope that this leads to many theological debates, so long as they are kept civil. I'm always eager for those!

enlightenment can come from anywhere - a book, a particularly beauitful sunset, a concert, or a semi-large metal ball.
[Image: pagedivider.png]
the founder of dysnomia.
I won't immediately disagree with that. I'm just waiting for Nick to say more about his new church, as he said he would.

(14 Aug 2017, 03:58:35)Nick F. Toaster Wrote:
In the botanical gardens in the town of Ballarat, there is a round shiny ball atop a pedestal, and the pedestal is surrounded by a small pool of water. According to the plaque at the bottom of the pedestal, it was placed there on October 21, 1938 by the Protestant Alliance Friendly Society, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of Ballarat.

I saw the shiny ball itself yesterday, and it inspired me. It touched me in a way I've rarely been touched before. This ball is special, this ball is magnificent, and the ball is the cornerstone of my new religion, called simply The Church of the Shiny Ball.

More information is incoming, but for now, bask in the glory of the Shiny Ball (photo courtesy of the Ballarat Courier):

[Image: r0_55_4928_3023_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg]
Hmm, should be interesting...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
Out of all the balls I've seen, and I've seen a few, that has got to be the shiniest!
His Grace, Lord Mike Lewis, the Marquis of New Charter, Prime Minister of Lundenwic, General of the Imperial Armed Forces, Baron of Bedfunta, Minister of the Foreign Office, Duke of Pausanias, Count of Imvrassia, Officer of the Most Imperial Order of the Grand Duchy, Officer of the Most Honourable Order of Lundenwic, Kinght of the Royal Order of St. Stephen and Knight of the Most Noble Order of St. Peter
http://lundenwic.wordpress.com