Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: Logo designer
I designed the current Micronations.wiki logo last year, when the site changed address and the previous logo still said Micronation.org. However (as even I will now admit!), the current logo is a bit rubbish. Everyone uses that same globe icon – the World Bank, for starters. 
We are looking for a new logo, and for that purpose, we’re having a competition.

What do you have to do?
We’re looking for designs that are stylish, clean and modern, but quirky and distinctive. Designs should maintain a clear graphic identity for the entire website (i.e. should be consistent in their variations for the forum and wiki).

Your entry must include three images—
·       a forum header image (800x110px)
·       a wiki logo (160x160px)
·       a favicon (32x32px).

It is very important that the images you submit are the correct sizes. The forum header image must include the text ‘Micronations.wiki Forum,’ and the wiki logo must include the text ‘MicroWiki.’

You may also choose to include a festive variation on your design that we can use around Christmas. In the past, this has meant the addition of a Santa hat – what can you think of?

We don’t want designs that could be seen as politically biased. This doesn’t mean that we’ll disqualify a blue logo for referencing the Democrats or Conservatives, but we’re unlikely to accept a logo with a hammer and sickle. Your designs also shouldn’t reference any specific micronations.

When’s the deadline?
The deadline is the 1st of October 2017, although this may be extended at the administrators’ discretion.

How will entries be judged?
The entries will first be judged by the administration team who will select a shortlist. The number of entries on this shortlist will depend on the number and quality of entries we receive. This shortlist will then go to an anonymous public vote.

How do I enter?
Please upload your entries (in PNG format, please) to Imgur or an equivalent and send the link to me either by Skype or PM. Anyone can enter, and you can submit as many designs as you like. You may also submit a joint entry in collaboration with someone else.
We ask you to not to share your entry widely with others, so as to ensure an anonymous public vote can be held.

Some sort of terms and conditions
1.   There are no restrictions on who is eligible to enter this competition.
2.   By submitting a design to this competition, you agree that, in the event your design is selected for use on the website, all your intellectual property rights with regards to that design are assigned to the administrators of the website, and to waive all moral rights with regards to that design.
3.   By a submitting a design to this competition, you assert that your entry does not comprise or incorporate any copyrighted (or otherwise protected under intellectual property law) material owned by a third party, and does not infringe any third-party rights or agreement to which you are a party.
4.   The administrators reserve the absolute right to cancel or modify this competition without prior notice.
President of the Republic of Mcarthia | Forum administrator | Associate Justice of the Grand Unified Micronational | Litigator

I'm not doing much actual micronationalism at the moment, because I'm writing a load of new legislation for Mcarthia. Expect a grand reopening soon!

I also run the law firm Jurisfocal
I would just like to add that Kit here will personally pay the winner $17. Cash. So, good luck everyone!
"Progress doesn't wait for conservatives."
~ King Shamus I, Kingdom of Madrona, 2016

His Majesty King Shamus the First of the Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Madrona

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Patriot o Progressive o
(19 Aug 2017, 15:03:27)Tjorvi Wrote: I would just like to add that Kit here will personally pay the winner $17. Cash. So, good luck everyone!

Does it have to be cash?  I'd rather just get the money through something like PayPal (assuming I have time to compete and manage to win).
The $17 has now turned to 300 pesos.

His Majesty King Shamus the First of the Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Madrona

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Patriot o Progressive o
(31 Aug 2017, 16:59:50)Tjorvi Wrote: The $17 has now turned to 300 pesos.

What kind of Pesos? (this matters)
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Argentinian peso. Obviously.

Just to be absolutely clear: there will sadly be no monetary prize for winning this competition.
President of the Republic of Mcarthia | Forum administrator | Associate Justice of the Grand Unified Micronational | Litigator

I'm not doing much actual micronationalism at the moment, because I'm writing a load of new legislation for Mcarthia. Expect a grand reopening soon!

Super tempting haha, I probably have already made some honestly...
[Image: jZ5p4Mq.png][Image: eMz0t8Y.png][Image: 6sGLkgO.png]
(3 Sep 2017, 09:37:19)Mr. Xavier Wrote: Super tempting haha, I probably have already made some honestly...

Enter a logo! We need you! 

(the competition isn't exactly fierce)

If the logo is aesthetically pleasing enough, and there are a fair amount of entrants, I can award a small cash prize to the winner. They will of course need to give some information in order to collect their winnings, but this information will be kept strictly confidential, in the name of common decency, etc.

Happy hunting!

[Image: CoA%20of%20Zenrax%20small_zpsgqm9v56g.png]