Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitcoin
The Etruscan Federation is looking into implementing a bitcoin currency. We are in the process of looking at our options.
 Joshua W. Bates
President of the Etruscan Federation
okay then
[Image: buy-email-lists-21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
http://gazette.stateofkoss.com/royale-pr...ral-franc/
Lucas Campos, Anax of Koss
http://www.stateofkoss.com
The more I learn about bitcoin, the more intrigued I am by the concept. I do not own any bitcoin and have never made a bitcoin transaction, but mining bitcoin for the sake of micronational purposes might be an interesting endeavor.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Hey I haven't been here on the forums in a while but I decided to get back on and I saw this post. I have been looking into developing a cryptocurrency for the Star Kingdom. If you want to develop a fast token that is exchangeable on an exchange then I would suggest the Waves Platform. It allows you to create a token and exchange it for other cryptocurrencies on the Waves Decentralized Exchange.
King Austin Rowe of the Star Kingdom starkingdomsk.weebly.com/
(6 Oct 2017, 04:25:19)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: ... but mining bitcoin for the sake of micronational purposes might be an interesting endeavor.

This would not be economical for a micronation to undertake unfortunately as mining Bitcoin requires so much computing power now that it's cost-prohibitive to such a small scale organization. It's a competitive environment, where the first miner to generate the hash (the one with the best computing power, essentially) gets paid, so no miner is guaranteed a paycheque simply by signing up in that role. Though some miners approach the situation cooperatively, by combining their resources to out pace others.
Liam Sinclair
Editor, Coprieta Standard
Royal Chancellor, Royal Kingdom of Gotzborg
(6 Oct 2017, 10:28:58)Liam Sinclair Wrote:
(6 Oct 2017, 04:25:19)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: ... but mining bitcoin for the sake of micronational purposes might be an interesting endeavor.

This would not be economical for a micronation to undertake unfortunately as mining Bitcoin requires so much computing power now that it's cost-prohibitive to such a small scale organization. It's a competitive environment, where the first miner to generate the hash (the one with the best computing power, essentially) gets paid, so no miner is guaranteed a paycheque simply by signing up in that role. Though some miners approach the situation cooperatively, by combining their resources to out pace others.

These were my initial thoughts as well, but looking at some of the Co-op and cloud based mining operations (of which I am well aware there are a lot of scams out there) made me think of it as a long term dividend type strategy as opposed to buying computer hardware and doing it myself... which I freely admit I do not have the technical expertise to do well.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell