Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial news from the Kingdom of Talossa, since 1979.
Azul everyone,

because this is my first post here, I'll introduce myself. I'm Glüc da Dhi, former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Talossa. Currently a senator and minister there, but not here in any sort of official capacity. Just as myself. My intention is to post news updates from Talossa here, mostly because no one else is doing it, and while I'm here, look around in some of the threads about other nations as well. I hope I'm posting this in the right board. If not, my sincere apologies. (In my defense, I'm kind of new here. )

The Kingdom of Talossa, one of the oldest micronations out there, is currently holding General Elections, during which we will elect the 51st Cosa (lower house) and 3 out of 8 senators. Also there are votes on 5 proposed amendments to the OrgLaw (constitution). The polls will close tomorrow evening at about 19:30 TST (Talossan Standard Time, known in the US as Central Time). Five parties are registered, of which three have a serious shot at becoming the largest:
Moderate Radical Party of Talossa (MRPT) - centrist, monarchist, pro-reform. Currently leading a coalition with the FreeDems
RUMP - Conservative, monarchist
Free Democrats of Talossa (FreeDem) - left, agnostic on the monarchy issue, pro-reform.

Then there are two smaller parties, the Happiness for Talossa party (HAT), which wants happiness for Talossa, and the Republicans, who want a republic. Neither of those will get a lot of seats.

I'll be sure to inform you when the results are there. Questions are welcome. 

More about Talossa: http://wiki.talossa.com/Main_Page
-Secretary of StateKingdom of Talossa

Join over 200 citizens and become part of nearly 40 years of micronational history.
I didn't know Talossa was still going.  I look forward to seeing new updates.  And welcome to the forums!
Welcome to our community!
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
Thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to learning more about your nations.

Talossan election results:
122 people voted

MRPT 83 seats (+4)
RUMP 58 seats (-4)
FreeDem 48 seats (+1)
HAT 7 seats (+7)
REP 4 seats (-6)

Most likely this means Lüc da Schir, the leader of the MRPT will continue as PM. That would be his 3rd (and 2nd consecutive) term. This does depend on the MRPT forming a coalition (most likely continuing the current coalition with the FreeDems) to get a majority.

Join over 200 citizens and become part of nearly 40 years of micronational history.
In addition all 5 referenda passed.

3 of them are related to the monarchy, making it possible to depose the monarch for malfeasance, allowing a democratic option to depose the monarch and allowing the cosa to overrule the Kings legislative veto with a simple majority in the following term.

1 removes the clause that allows people to vote for a party for the senate and have that count for the candidate endorsed by that party.

The final one is a civil rights thing, of which I still don't really grasp the implications. This clause in the constitution:
“Any person charged with an offence shall be presumed innocent until proven guilty, and has the right to request information on his legal rights. No accused person shall be twice put in jeopardy of life, liberty, or property for the same offence, or without due process of law; nor shall any citizen be compelled in any criminal case to bear witness against himself. Excessive fines, and cruel and bizarre punishments, shall not be inflicted.”
is replaced by
"No person shall be deprived life, liberty, or property without due process of law, nor denied equal protection of law. Any person charged with an offense must be informed of their legal rights upon seizure by the government, and must be presumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. No person shall be subject to answer to the same criminal offense after the criminal charge has been properly adjudicated in a court of law, nor shall any person be compelled in any criminal case to bear witness against himself, nor shall any person be subjected to excessive fines, nor shall any person be subjected cruel and unusual punishment. The Ziu shall have the power to enforce this Covenant by appropriate legislation."

Took a while, but we finally have a new government. As expected it's a continuation of the current MRPT-FreeDem coalition. Seneschal Da Schir will remain in office.

(I will also stay on as minister of STUFF)

Welcome! Sorry I'm late to do it, but I only just now saw you were here and who were. Personally, I consider it an honor that we finally have someone from Talossa in this community! There are very, very few micronations here that are known to non-micronationalists.